eleven

E L E V E N
Watch out Mrs. Grey

     YOU COULD ACTUALLY SEE LUKE SWEATING.

"I've never done this before," he admitted to Reggie as both of them stood outside the music store, watching the workers enter to build the stage on the further corner of the shop. "I feel..."

"Anxious? Uncertain? Dumb?" Tried to finish Reggie, but Luke simply looked at him seriously.

"I was going to say nervous but sure, whatever. Do you think it could mean... what?" He asked when he saw his best friend panic. "What happened?"

"Okay, don't kill me but... Lauren is walking towards here... with a guy."

"What? Why? How? When? Is she close? Is she near? Where do I hide?"

"Luke?" He heard behind him and he quickly turned around, faking a smile. "Everything alright? We were walking and we saw the workers."

"Oh... everything is alright. I called them. They are building a stage on the store so there can be live music. Nothing... exaggerated. Who's your friend?"

Lauren looked at the guy next to her. Derek.

"This is Derek. Derek this is Luke, a friend."

"I'm a friend now?" Was the thing Luke whispered to himself before shaking Derek's hand. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Same thing. Lauren has told me a lot about you."

"Oh and what's that?" Luke asked curiously, crossing his arms and licking his upper lip, trying to hide a smile.

"Well... that you are an excellent singer."

"I feel flattered," Luke said before pretending his phone was ringing. "Oh! Shoot! I should pick that up. Nice to meet you De— Alex man, what's up?" Luke said before walking away, trying to keep on pretending he was in a call with Alex.

"Hey, I'm Reggie," said the bassist to Derek and Lauren. "Has Lauren talked to you about me?"

Luke closed his eyes, ignoring that conversation. He couldn't believe Lauren got herself a boyfriend. It had to be the worst thing that has happened to him in a while, if he had to be honest.

But all things got worst when he saw Alex walking towards them, obviously not with the phone placed next to his ear.

So, he was quick to call him, Alex looking at him confused as he picked up.

"Why are you calling me? I see you across the street."

"Lauren has a new boyfriend and I pretended to talk to you so I wouldn't have to talk to him."

Alex crossed the street, walking towards Luke and hanging up when he was near him. The guitarist knew Alex wouldn't disappoint him and he would play along.

"Did you meet him?" Asked Alex and Luke nodded. "How's he like?"

"Handsome, muscular... tall."

"Three things you are missing." Luke hit him on the arm before they walked towards Reggie, Derek and Lauren. "Let me handle it."