one

O N E
The Banned List

How did we end up talking in the first place
You said you liked my Cobain shirt

      LUKE LOVED HIS FRIENDS, REALLY. If someone asked him if he would take a bullet for those three idiots he would say yes, no doubt.

Yet that didn't mean he wanted them to be around him at all times.

"You are doing it wrong," objected Alex as Luke served them their ice creams. "Pull it to you not towards the glass."

"If you don't stop talking, what I'm gonna do is pull up this spoon up your ass," said Luke, pointing the ice cream spoon towards his direction before continuing to do his job.

"Hey, you did a rhyme!" Exclaimed Reggie, making Luke sigh.

"Guys, please, can't you notice that Luke is tired?"

"Thanks, Molina, for finally caring about someone that isn't you."

"Let's just wait for him to finish his shift and then we can bug him during rehearsals again."

Luke exhaled. He could never win with those three.

As soon as his bandmates left the band, Carrie Wilson walked in. She was wearing some pink sunglasses and her hair in a ponytail as she entered the ice cream shop, standing in front of Luke with a tiny smile.

"Two milkshakes, please. One oreo, one strawberry. The strawberry one with a lot of cream."

He nodded, grabbing the oreos. "You have a date Wilson?" He asked her with a smile,

"I wish I had a date. Instead, I have to meet this girl for this Sylvia Plath paper that is really beyond me. The teacher wouldn't let me be with Kayla. She said, and I quote, "You do all the work for her." Kinda understandable considering that I do all the work for her."

"And who's your partner?" He questioned, throwing the strawberries and the milk in the blender.

"Lauren Grey," replied Carrie.

"Never heard of her."

"She's part of the Grey siblings." Luke raised his eyebrows.

"I thought they were three! Chase, Lizzie and Beck," he named the siblings confused, looking at Carrie.

"Apparently they are four and she's the pretty one." Luke chuckled.

"Prettier than Lizzie and Beck?" He interrogated, giving her the milkshakes with curiosity. "I will like to see that."

"She'll be arriving soon. Tell her I'm over there."

Carrie left to the empty table on the back, placing her books on it and drinking for her milkshake, waiting for her partner.

Luke took orders from other clients in the meantime, his eyes drove by Carrie as she studied. She has never seen Carrie studying so hard, she has always had an easy way to do the projects. Why would she be worried about this time?