06

October 

     'Hey... It's been awhile. My birthday passed so I'm 18. Yay. Which means the rest of my supernatural powers have showed. I've had to start spending more time at Chase's until I get control of my abilities (I don't wanna accidentally punch a hole in the wall of my house haha). It's been tough, with out you I mean. You left a few days before my birthday, I guess I was kinda hoping that you'd show back up then... But you didn't. 

     I see you in my dreams a lot, it makes it hard to stay awake. But I can hardly sleep because most of my nights are spent laying in bed thinking of you. Bella seems to be having just as hard of a time but she won't open up to me. Maybe because she knows I'm not entirely human and that I may be able to see you again one day. Or maybe it's the fact that my super natural abilities remind her of Edward... I don't know.

I miss you

Yours,

Hazel' 

"Hazel! C'mon, let's go!" Hazel set her pencil down eyes bleary with tears she'd thought she'd forgotten a week ago, "We're gonna be late!"

It was Chase, he hadn't left Hazel's side since she'd returned home. It was nice having her cousin around, even if he did come off as a bit of an ass sometimes, "Coming!" Hazel sighed and put the letter in an envelope and set it on the her chair beside the balcony.

Quickly, she rushed down the stairs and made her way outside where Chase was standing impatiently next to Taylor who was shaking his head, "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's hit the road." Hazel smiled softly and climbed in Taylor's truck beside Chase, "So Sam said it's alright for Chase and I to hang with the pack?"

"Oh yeah, Sam says you're welcome anytime, besides," He gives her a brilliant smile through the rear-view mirror, "Who else is gonna keep those boys in line?"

A smile flitted to Hazel's face and she shook her head, "You're right. If it weren't for Emily and I they'd probably have tore each other to shreds by now."

"I'll say, they certainly know how to play rough." Chase laughs as he leans back against the seat.

Laughter resonated from Hazel as she gently punched his shoulder, "Don't act like you don't rough house with them either. You're no better then them." He rolls his eyes in response and shakes his head while laughing as well.

"Yeah yeah... But in all seriousness, how are you doing? You're always avoiding talking about him." Hazel flinches at her cousins words, this is something she wasn't looking forward to discussing.

"I choose to ignore my pain by distracting myself instead... It's not good. But it's how I cope."

"You know we're both here if you need anything."

"I know, thanks guys. I couldn't ask for better company."

"You know it!" Chase fires some finger guns at Hazel and the three laugh, the tension from a few moments ago dissipating into nothing in a moment. 

After awhile they arrived at Sam's and the boys all but pulled Hazel out of the car, "Hazel!" Paul grinned as the wolves gave her a group hug, "It's been awhile! We gotta have an arm wrestle again."

"Uuuuh, you lost last time, remember?" Hazel points out and the boy deflates a bit.

"I let you win..."

Hazel shakes her head and smiles softly, "You do know I have supernatural strength now right?"

"Even more of a challenge!" Paul grins and Hazel shakes her head in disbelief.