prologue

flashback~

Laughter filled the hallway as Elijah, the fat boy, was humiliated by a group of boys. They found him putting on mascara, and they decided to bully him in front of everyone. All 8, and 9th-grade students, taking out their phones and took pictures of him. Of course, they shared it on social media. Within 15 minutes, the pictures were circulating amongst other schools. What a shame, he had to go through all of that. They called him all sorts of names, as he tried to escape the monsters, who will now torment him for the rest of his life.

Jones watched at a distance, as his heart pound through his chest. He watched the other kids make a mockery of Elijah, his heart sank. He was getting uncomfortable to watch them do this to him, so he left and went straight to the art room. Thank god, no one was there, which makes it even better for him to let out his frustration. So many thoughts swarmed his small mind as he started drawing aggressively. 'Is that how they treat people like me?' 'What if I die because of this?' "Will, my family love me if I speak out about it?' It was too much for the young boy's mind, as tears filled his eyes. Tears filled the page as it soaked through it, causing the ink to spread onto the other page. He was frightened, he was scared, to talk about his sexuality. Couple more minutes past and he got himself together. He packed his bag and left the art room with fear, thinking they will find out and want to bully him as well. 'Will I ever tell someone who I am?' He questioned himself.

~Lunch~

He sat at the table with his friends. Enjoying his burger, a redhead boy came up to him. 'I know what you are!' He shouted, in his face. He choked on the burger, his eyes, bulged out. His blood ran cold, and he could not feel his legs. 'What the fuck?' 'How did he know?' He screamed in his head. He started breathing heavily, as he could not control his breath. Kids were wondering what was wrong with him. He found the strength to ask "W-w-w-what do you know?" "That you're a punk that is!" He laughed as the kids joined along. Jones cheeks redden as he realized he was overreacting. A sigh of relief escaped his lips, and he walked out the cafeteria with wobbly legs.

~End of flashback~

Jones opened his eyes as the memory fade to the back of his mind. He slowly got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to wash his face.

"Jones!" His mom called out. "Yes, mom!" "Come help me with the chicken!" "I will be down in a minute!" He sighed as he wiped his face with a towel. As Jones climbed down the stairs as it made a creaking sound every step he takes. Entering the kitchen, he found his mom hovering over the pot of rice. "Come, boy, season that chicken." Taking the seasoning from the fridge as he got started.

'I have the right and freedom to identify and to live as I choose.'

unknown

Guys, how is the first part of the book? I hope you like it. Please share, vote and comment💕.