26.

qotc: whats your favorite food? ((lmao ok))

~~~~~~~~

Since Luke had to leave in a month, you would think that we would have spent every second together, right? That's what I thought would be the case, but I was very wrong.

I had to go to school the first half of the day and he would rehearse all night and sleep during the day, basically. This meant that we didn't have much time to even talk on the phone, let alone hangout. Most of the times when I called him, I could hear a hundred voices yelling in the background about the lights or amps or a million other things that you wouldn't think take that much effort to set up. I never knew how stressful starting a world tour could be.

The first day back at school, I took my mom's advice and walked to the office to talk to my counselor before trying to walk through the sea of awful teenagers. She, of course, didn't know who Luke Hemmings was and accused me of lying.

Eventually we worked out something where I could do all of my school work in her office. She nicknamed it the 'Famous Boyfriend Plan'. You would be surprised how short class work actually takes when you subtract all the time that teachers take to talk about their children and other random shit.

At the end of each day I got all of my homework done during school hours and even had extra time to talk to my counselor who I really never talked to before in all four of my years of high school. Her name was Erica, she was in her thirties, and she was surprisingly cool. After school I would go straight home (maybe after getting McDonalds..) and practice learning different songs on my guitar. I would hope that Luke would text me, but I didn't hold it against him when he didn't. He was super busy.

The days flew by and before I knew it, it was the day that Luke would be leaving. It was a Thursday, since the beginning of the tour was on the east coast and the first show started the next night.

"I watched some of his band's videos." Erica chuckled to me that day as I spun around in a chair after finishing all of my work. I had to keep myself moving to limit my sad thoughts about Luke being across the country.

"Oh my god, what did you think?" I laughed, sitting up to improve my posture and setting my head in my hands.

"They were pretty good." she shrugged. "I can totally see the appeal." she winked and I rolled my eyes, blushing.

"He leaves today." I sighed, looking up at the clock at the wall. It was noon and his flight was at two.

"Today?" she asked and I nodded.

"In two hours." I frowned, looking up at the clock.

"What're you still doing here?" she laughed, pointing to the clock. I tilted my head at her and she crossed her arms. "You're going to miss your dentist appointment, you better get out of here right now." she said, writing a slip down for me to give to the front desk. She winked at me and I finally realized what she was doing.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Smith!" I gasped, quickly hugging her and throwing all of my contents back into my bag.

"We've gone over this, it's Erica." she said, pointing to me with her pen and handing me the small blue slip.

Early Release From Campus
Student: Kristen Mura
Time: 12:04 Date: 5/18
Reason: Dentist Appointment

I gave one last smile before heading out of her office and dropping the slip off to the lady at the front desk and giddily walking out. I was barely able to contain my excitement. It didn't last for too long when I remembered why I was going to see Luke at the airport.