23.

usually i try to make the gifs relate to the chapter but i saw this gif and couldnt resist. also i've had more dreams about kittens in the past two years than i've had about luke so who is the real winner here

qotc: are any of you trying to get tickets to the halsey tour bc i know i am

~~~~~~~~

"You got your license like, two weeks ago and you want me to let you drive my car?" I raised an eyebrow at Luke who had a hand over his eyes to block the burning sun.

It was great weather, if you wanted to feel like you were sweating and dying of heat stroke as soon as you walked outside. I didn't even want to imagine how Luke felt in his black skinny jeans, and it wasn't even the afternoon yet.

"Come on. You're teasing me with those shorts! The least you can do is let me drive us to the mall." He said, moving his gaze down to my high waisted shorts that weren't even that short. I snapped my fingers as if to say 'my eyes are up here'. He raised his hands in defeat as he looked back into my eyes. The sun made his blue eyes shine like crystals.

"Fine." I groaned, tossing him the keys to my car and walking around to the passenger's seat. Once we both got in the car and Luke started driving, a thought hit me. "Wait, can you even, like, go to the mall?"

"Why couldn't I?" he asked as if he was just some normal guy trying to go to the mall.

"Won't you get mobbed or something?" I asked, remembering all of the pictures that I had seen on twitter of 5sos getting bombarded with fans.I considered myself to be slightly claustrophobic, so being mobbed would be one of my worst nightmares. Besides zombies and getting murdered. 

"Not if they don't know where I am."

"Yeah, but they do know you're in LA!"

"Calm down, Kristen. It's like, eleven in the morning on a Tuesday. The only people at the mall are going to be old people who have no idea who I am and people out of high school who couldn't give two shits about me." He said, laughing at the last part.

"Okay.. but what if w-"

"Shh." Luke shushed me and I slouched in my car's passenger seat that I had been in only once before when my mom made me let Evan drive it.

The mall was only ten minutes away, and when we got there, Luke was right. It was pretty empty, but I still felt like everybody there took a second glance at Luke and then continued to stare. I was pretty familiar with this mall, since it was the one that Chloe and I would go to practically every weekend when we were younger.

"I think the dress place is right there." I tapped Luke's shoulder and pointed across the large mall to a fancy looking shop with the name written in cursive and shiny mannequins that wore sparkly dresses in the windows.

Luke didn't seem bothered at all until we reached the thirty minute mark of walking around the racks of dresses.

"Can't you just pick one?" he groaned, and I raised a hand to playfully hit him but he dodged it. He might've dodged my hand, but he still bumped into a clothing rack which made a super loud noise. I had to cover my mouth from laughing too hard and he pointed at me with a finger. 

"That was your fault." He claimed, crossing his arms.

"One finger pointing at me, three fingers pointing back at you, buddy." I shrugged, using a quote from my fifth grade teacher. "Anyways, Maybe I would have a few picked out already if you actually helped me." I laughed at his snarl and ran my fingers over a bunch of hangers.