1

Have you ever heard a voice that could lull you to sleep with no problem? Or perhaps a song that could clench your heart so tightly that it could kill you? A melody that could lift your spirits up that even the worst injuries would heal in an instant. It's such an amazing power. Anyone would want that. Anyone who were greedy and lustful for power. Such lust that they would kill their own loved ones for said power.

That's why a man named Leon had came to this tiny spot near Mt Hulao. It wasn't anything new nor remarkable about this spot. It's always been passed by adventurers, the Millelith, merchants and even by high-ranking officials. It's such a wonder how can they easily pass this spot without taking a second glance of its true origin. Even with the humungous tree with blue veins, they act as if this is nothing.

Walking towards the spot, Leon could easily spot a rock. On top of the rock, was someone. Their hair shining under the moonlight. A lyre harp in one of their hands as the other had strummed the strings in a hypnotizing melody. A song coming out of the person's lips but Leon can't hear it. It was muffled but Leon could still make out how majestic the voice sounded. A voice that he hasn't heard by the most talented bards and singers he had visited and known. Jaw-dropping and it was godly. The tone, however, Leon doesn't understand.

It was both sad, remorseful but it held a happy tone to it. As if the person was accepting their punishment for their sins. Leon wanted to cry and cry like the ugly person he is but refused to do so. Since he had a job to do, he doesn't need to cry like a baby nor does he have the time to. Sneaking his way towards the person on top of the rock. He could make out the small red around his shoulders, a bycocket hat was placed on top of his head and his top was white. It was too white, it was something that was made for nobles back in the olden days. A colour that Leon wouldn't be able to see for poor people.

When he took another step, the tone of the melody had changed. It was fast and it made his body shiver in fear. Deep and almost yelling at him to go away. But Leon didn't run away. Instead, he took another brave step. But his courage melted immediately when he heard the lyrics of the song;

A man lost within riches

Now fishes a treasure because of his greed

Now blinded by his creed

He shall no longer bleed red

As his head has fled...

In the next moment, Leon's vision was turned upside down. His eyes landing on the person's face. Fox-shaped eyes with a bit of red makeup on his eyes, a smile adorned his face. Black bubbles started to cover his vision and it started to get blurry also. Leon wanted to blink to get rid of them but he can't. When he landed on the ground, for some reason, he didn't felt any pain nor did he heard any kind of loud thud that came from his body.