The New Deal (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

2020? They were from 90 years in the future? You didn't know what you had expected, but they were a long way from home. 

''You look amazing in that dress.'' You froze and your cheeks burned when you realized how that sounded. ''I mean, you definitely fit in here.''

Daisy smiled at your flustered state, ignoring the butterflies in her stomach. She suddenly liked this dress a lot more. ''You don't look so bad yourself, sugar.'' She used your own pet name against you, which only caused you to blush more. A wave of relief fell over you when a knock on the door startled everyone.

The short man opened the door and two women came bursting in. The first one rushed straight to you and was no doubt the doctor. When she told you to remove your hands, you did without hesitation. 

''Wait, who's this?'' The second, Latina woman asked you with a faint Spanish accent. 

''Y/N Y/L/N, she's the daughter of one of this city's biggest politicians,'' Coulson explained to her and also to the doctor, if she was even listening.

Yo-Yo raised an eyebrow. ''What is she doing here?''

Daisy almost stepped in front of you, shielding you from the judging look on Yo-Yo's face. ''She's helping. Now where is Freddy?''

They dove into a conversation about Freddy, explaining to the two new women what they had found out about him, why they needed to keep him alive and protect him from these people they kept calling ''Chronicoms''. Apparently, Freddy would live to give birth to a terrible organization named HYDRA. They couldn't stop that from happening though, because history needed to play out the right way. 

''Can't we stay here awhile, uh, be a good influence for him, change his heart?'' 

You spoke up for the first time, your head hurting from all the information you tried to remember. ''Trust me, there is no changing a Malick heart. In fact, I am not sure he has one.''

The man you believed to be this illegal club owner, interrupted the conversation with bad news. ''You need to disappear. Word is out. Coppers are swarming every gin joint, looking for Freddy.''

Coulson picked the unconscious woman back up from the bar. But right before you all could leave and go back to whatever vehicle was called the 'Zephyr', sirens stopped in front of the building, blocking the only exit.

''Is there a back exit?'' Coulson asked anxiously. 

''This is the only way in or out. But you could hide in my secret office.''

The whole group filed into a storage room filled with boxes and booze behind a secret wall in his office. Daisy grabbed your hand and pulled you quickly with her to ensure the cops wouldn't see you. After all, they had seen you in the club before and knew you were with the time travelers.

The front door got kicked in right as the office door was shut behind you. There were heavy footsteps from two people audible, just like the rambling of the club owner. He was desperately trying to get the cops to leave. You almost didn't dare breath when you remembered your bag and gloves were still on the bar. You just had to prey they didn't tie those to you.

While you listened to the commotion happening in the other room, you kept your gaze on Daisy, who was anxiously biting her nails. You took her hand in yours, squeezing it to try and calm her nerves. She smiled at you gratefully, but you could feel her hand shake in yours.

Because everyone was so distracted with what was happening outside, nobody saw the previously unconscious woman inside the room wake up. The doctor was just in time to cover the woman's mouth with her hand before she went screaming. Daisy dropped your hand and tried shush her, but nothing helped.