Late Night Studying

~~Fundy's POV~~

I turned around again and saw my roommate furiously typing something into his laptop. He's been working on this for a few hours now and I just want some sleep. He returned to looking through pages of one of the books on his desk. He's obviously not going to finish anytime soon so I might as well get some coffee and try talking with him. I stood up and walked to our shared kitchen.

"Did I wake you?" He asked as I started the coffee maker. I walked over and pulled my chair to his desk.

"No I've been awake." He nodded and seemed to find the page he was looking for. "What're you working on?"

"Long ass essay because Wilbur's a bitch and doesnt give normal assignments." I nodded and leaned my head on the desk.

"Is it about whales, ants, rats, moles, or anteaters?"

"Anteaters. What the hell is his problem with anteaters? I'm literally writing a ten page essay on why they're the worst animal." I shrugged and continued to watch him work. His hair was a mess and his grey shirt had random coffee stains. It was obvious he was working hard on this. He kept switching between books about animals and would randomly open another tab on his laptop to search something.

The coffee maker beeped and I stood up to pour it into two cups. I put a bit of creamer and sugar in both. I walked back and placed one in front of him and one in front of my seat. I went over to my bed and grabbed the green blanket to wrap around myself. I sat back down and took a drink of the coffee. I watched him work on the essay, occasionally pointing out spelling mistakes.

Dream wasn't always the best roomate and didn't really take anything seriously but when he was working on school I could tell he took it seriously. I looked at his face and noticed random things I probably didn't bother noticing before. For example, his eyes were green, like grass or trees. His hair was light brown, almost blonde in some parts, like pages of an old book in the library. And he stuck his tongue out when he was focusing. It was cute.

"Hey Fundy, can you see if any of these books say why anteaters eat ants?"

"Sure." I picked up one of the books and flipped through it until I found a chapter explaining exactly what he asked. "They have bad eyesight and use their nose to smell them. They also don't have teeth so they swallow small insects whole." I yawned and saw him nod while writing that into some notes on a separate document.

I looked down at my cup and saw I drank all the coffee in it. I grabbed Dream's cup as well seeing he only had a bit left. I filled them back up and put the normal sugar and creamer in it.

"I can work on this tomorrow if this is why you're staying up."

"No it's fine. I like doing this with you."

~~Dream's POV~~

Fundy sounded sleepy but he doesn't want to go back to bed. I ran my hand through my tangled hair and out of my eyes. I still had to write four more pages by Friday but anteaters are becoming so boring to me. I yawned and took a drink from the coffee Fundy made for us. I don't like coffee that much but Fundy made it for me so I don't want to bring it up.

"I need a study break anyway. Since you don't want to go to bed do you wanna help me make a snack."

"You're a snack." He mumbled barely audible to me. I laughed a bit. He's so sleep deprived and doesn't know what he's saying. I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I pulled out some stuff to make grilled cheese sandwiches. I felt something leaning against my back and turned my head to see Fundy leaning against me wrapped in his green blanket.

"You want one?"

"Yeah."

"This isn't going to be that good with coffee but it's too late to turn back now." I chuckled. He nodded and moved to lean against the counter. It felt cold. Probably because he has a blanket. I finished making the sandwiches and handed one to Fundy. We sat back at the desk with my laptop and the books pushed back a bit. I pulled the laptop back and started another paragraph.

He laid his head on the table again and was just staring at me. I didn't mind it though, he was looking at me earlier too.

"You're really pretty." He said randomly. My face is probably so pink right now. He doesn't know what he's saying, he's tired. "Your hair looks fluffy."

"So does yours." He started running his hands through my hair, it felt calming. I leaned into the touch and stopped working on the essay.

"You're like a cat." He smiled and I smiled back.

"You're like a fox."

"How?"

"You sneak around the dorm really quietly and you have red hair. Like a fox."

"Cats are cute." He sat up and looked at me. I started leaning in subconsciously.

"So are foxes." He was leaning in as well. What are we doing? We stopped only a few centimeters apart and looked at eachother. I looked down at his lips and back in his eyes. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me in the rest of the way.

How did working on an essay turn into this? I'm literally making out with my roomate. Not that I'm complaining. He climbed into my lap, not breaking the kiss. When we finally broke apart he leaned against my chest so he was facing the computer screen.

"How the hell did you misspell fire ant?" I laughed and fixed the spelling before turning off my laptop. He looked at me confused.

"Sleep time. You probably won't even remember this with how tired you are." He yawned and nodded. He wrapped his legs around my waist and let me carry him to his bed. I was about to go to my own bed when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the bed with him. "You're so clingy when you're tired." I laughed. He threw the blanket over me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey Dream. I like you, you wanna go on a date sometime?" He yawned again and nuzzled his face into my neck.

"Yeah." My face is probably very red but that's fine. I wrapped my arms around him and slowly fell asleep.