MR. YOURS

Gabriel stares down at the pregnant wolf that lays besides him with love in his eyes

But there was also an underlining layer of regret and sadness welling in his eyes as he thought about how much he put her through ever since that night in Mystic Falls.

He now felt like he wasn't enough for her, like he didn't deserve her. But he was damn sure he would spend the rest of his life making it up to her by being the man she deserves.

He made a promise to himself to always protect her and the baby. The baby was special to everyone in the Mikaelson family. It was a miracle that none of them knew that they needed.

'Never would've guessed Niklaus to be the one to bring such a blessing.' Gabriel rolls his eyes at his thoughts with humor.

He's quick to grab his ringing phone off of the nightstand in fear of waking up the precious Beauty next to him. He could tell she was exhausted from the past couple of weeks.

He was about to decline the call out of annoyance but stopped when he realized it was his little sister that he missed so dearly.

"Rebekah." Gabriel greeted quietly with a small smile on his face.

Hayley slowly stirred but instead of waking up she simply rolled on top of him, laying her head on his chest and wrapping her legs and arm around him. Gabriel was in awe at the sight.

"Gabriel?" Rebekah pulls her phone from her ear in confusion from the other side of the phone. "Why are you whispering?"

Gabriel's silent for a moment before rolling his eyes for the second time this morning. "My little wolf is sleeping." He responds.

Rebekah gasps loudly and Gabriel has to pull the phone away from his ear when her screeching and squealing almost bursts his eardrums.

"Have you finally gotten together with her?" She questions a little bit more quiet.

"One step at a time Rebekah, I'll wait for her to be ready." He says as he runs his fingers through her hair in a soothing manner.

"You really love her." Rebekah sighs happily knowing her brother may finally, after a thousand years, get what he deserves.

"I do." He instantly replies. "I'd do anything for her. Enough about me, how is your travels? Where are you right now?"

"No need to fret, I am currently in Italy. Enjoying the finest of wines they have to offer." She teases.

In the middle of her sentence Hayley slowly blinks her eyes open. Gabriel sends her a smile and kisses her forehead like he always does. And in return she rests her chin on his chest as they just stare at each other in content listening to Rebekah go on about the men and wine Italy has to offer.

"When are you coming back?" Gabriel questions with a sly smile. Hayley lifts a brow as if saying 'are you crazy?'

"You know I can't come back." Rebekah rolls her eyes with a sad undertone.