Mr. Heed My Warning

Gabriel chuckles when he hears Caroline's loud groan from the kitchen

Gabriel chuckles when he hears Caroline's loud groan from the kitchen. She stomps into the room looking frustrated beyond belief. "When Elijah kidnapped me we had just found out Elena was in some kind of coma from Kai and Bonnie was trying to get her out of it. She's probably awake now and I'm angry I can't be there because of-" she stops herself from finishing.

"My family?" He offers with a small smile.

"I didn't mean it like that." She sighs.

He places the spatula onto the counter and pulls her into his chest. "I know, I know. But you are here because of my family and for that I apologize."

"It's not your fault." She whispers into his chest. "I know it wasn't you that taught them to behave like animals."

He pulls away and gives her a slightly amused look. Rubbing her arm he smiles. "How about as soon as this situation is dealt with I come back to mystic falls with you and if Bonnie hasn't already found a way to help Elena than I will."

She looks up to him in slight suspicion. "You would help Elena?"

"I would help you." He cheekily replies.

She smiles at him but it slowly fades. "And poor Ric... I can't believe someone killed Jo on her own wedding day. Her twin brother!"

"The longer you live the more you'll find it's harder to believe people still do nice things in the world and less surprised by the cruel things."

"That's morbid." She rolls her eyes.

"It's true."

"Care to share your plan you've been cooking up with Klaus?" She questions with a pointed look.

"Hm." He pretends to make a thinking gesture. "No, I think you'd be safer not knowing until it's happening."

"How can you be so calm? Klaus has been daggered, that's never happened in the history of a thousand years." Caroline groans.

"Don't forget it was a dagger that I, myself planted in Marcellus's home." He smirks.

Caroline's huffs. "I have no clue how you think of such deranged plans so quickly."

"It comes with the age, love." He shrugs.

Caroline watches him throw his coat on with a slight frown. "Do you really need to go?"

He turns and sighs to himself. "I do. Out of everyone I promised to stay out of the way of Nik's punishment for Hayley. Mom and dad things I suppose. I just want to try to change her mind one last time before he has the chance."

"What do you think he's going to do to her?" Caroline bites her bottom lip nervously.

Gabriel slowly walks towards his woman and pulls her lip out from between her teeth with his thumb. "I don't know, Care. Regardless of everything she is still Hopes mother. I just hope my little brother takes that into account when he's plotting."