Ch. 1 'Always remember'

Start from the beginning

Lilith looked at Carla and saw that he was eating less and less.
It seems like Giesbach had another episode of venting his anger off on Carla.

To liven the mood she brought out two bite-sized chocolates wrapped in a blue wraping paper and placed them in front of Carla and Shin.

"Since you both have eaten most of your food try this. I made it fresh this morning."

"What is this?" Carla wondered, carefully opening up his chocolate.

"This is what humans call chocolate."

Shin held the chocolate in his palm, the only reason as to why he didn't throw it across the room yet is because it was made by her, "Humans?! Why would you make something that humans created?" He looked at Lilith as if she hurt his pride.

"Because it tastes wonderful. I know you both will like it. You shouldn't look down on humans so much." Lilith softly answered him.

"Humans are fools and weaklings. A simple paper cut is enough to make them cry" Shin said with disgust.

"We may be superior to humans by strength, speed, and power, but that doesn't mean that humans are inferior. They can be more powerful than us in another way."

Shin furrowed his eyebrows when he still couldn't understand.

"Humans are intelligent enough to counter our strength." Carla placed the chocolate in his mouth.
Lilith nodded at his answer and admired his intelligence at the same time.

"Nii-san?" Shin was still confused, but he never doubted what Lilith and Carla said.

"Bitter, yet sweet," Carla muttered.

"For example, poison is hurtful. It can breakdown a being's body and kill. However, for every poison is an antidote. The antidote can counter the poison and get rid of it. In this world, there will always be a balance between sides, yin and yang. It's okay if you don't get it now Shin, but one day you will have to realize that the weakest can also become the strongest." Lilith told Shin patiently.

Shin widens his eyes at the realization of what she was saying, but he still believed that humans were inferior.

Shin placed the chocolate in his mouth. He tasted bitterness and then sweetness overwhelmed his tastebuds.
He likes this chocolate, it strangely reminded him of Lilith.

"Is everyone done with their meal?"
They nodded. Lilith looked at their plates. Seeing as they were both finished she smiled gleefully.

"Good boys! Remember never--"

"Waste food." They finished her sentence with smiles.

"Fufu," Lilith loved how they were repeating after her, she taught them well. She felt a bit of pride.

"Now..." They all clapped their hands together and said in unison, "Gochiso sama."

"Shall we wash up, then go for a walk?"

"Mm," Shin and Carla nodded.

...

Lilith held both Shin's right hand and Carla's left hand.
They peacefully walked through the garden of blue roses, enjoying the view.

Carla was a head taller than Lilith and Shin was the same height as her. For sure they were going to be tall and dashing men one day.

"Your hand is warm. I feel content, holding hands and going on walks." Carla commented with a happy smile.

"You're so sweet, thank you. I also enjoy holding your hand and Shin's as well."

Shin tighten his hold on her hand to get her attention. There was no way that he was going to lose to his brother.

"It seems like the lunar eclipse will approach soon." Carla looked up at the moon.

"It seems so." Lilith agreed.

"Nee..." Lilith stopped in her tracks. Shin and Carla turned to look at her.

"What is it?" Carla asked with a gentle tone and Shin waited for her next words.

"Carla, Shin, do you guys like me?" She asked boldly without a hint of shyness.

At her question, they instantly turned red. Carla looked straight at her with a tender gaze while Shin tried to cover his face with his hand.

"...I wouldn't say like... but love," Carla answered.

"Mmm, I also love you, Lilith." Shin's shyness faded away and revealed confidence.

Both Carla and Shin were opened to another world because of her. They became closer as brothers and are able to know about the feeling and meaning of joy, anger, sadness, fear, and love because of her. She gave them familial love. The type of love that they needed and craved. During the time that they had spent with her they began to crave for something more than familial love.

"Then, do you love each other?" They both wore dumbfounded faces as they faced each other.

"Uh..."

"..."

Feeling awkward they glanced at Lilith, but she looked at them patiently waiting for their responses.

"I-I love you, Shin," Carla took the initiative. He rubbed Shin's head

"Nii-san, I... a-also love you..." They both felt that they should feel extremely awkward, yet they both felt that their bond as brothers grew.
They turned to Lilith.

Nodding her head she spoke before they could ask, "I also love you both, the reason as to why I'm confessing is that I want you both to always remember this moment and my words. Carla... Shin..."
She looked at each of them. "No matter what happens in the future, always remember that you are both brothers. One day when Giesbach, Krone or Menae aren't here, always remember that you both have each other and only each other. Have each other's backs, even when you bear hatred towards one another, always remember. And remember that I'll always love you both no matter what." She showed a sad yet sweet smile.

Suddenly, Carla embraced her head, and Shin embraced her waist.

"Why do you sound like you're going to leave?" Carla wore a pained expression.

"You can't leave! I... We won't allow it!" Shin stated.

Lilith simply just smiled.

They both tightened their holds on her.

"All that I ask of you both is to remember." Her eyes revealed that she knew something that no one did.

Carla looked into her sapphire eyes, "Lilith... What's going to happen? Even if something were to happen we can come up with something--"

"Always remember," she pleaded, "It's all that I ask." She held their cheeks and they covered her hand with theirs.

After a moment of silence, they agreed.
"As long as it's your wish," Carla lightly kissed her head.

"Whatever you say I will do it no matter," Shin buried his head in the crook of her head inhaling her sweet rosy scent as if it were his last time to do so.

"Thank you..."