EPISODE 02: Manager's Moxie

**Before you start reading:
Yes, I am aware and have discussed previously of the situation going on. I have decided to continue writing this story because it has nothing to do with J*n or Ashlie, but I understand if some of you are not comfortable with it and decide to stop. I for one completely separate Don and Dashlie from their counterparts because 1) they are completely different people, 2) they are characters, 3) they are from Uni's story, 4) Don wasn't even created by J*n, and 5) the characters are counterparts of Ashlie and J*n's characters in Uni's story, not in real life. However, if some of you do not see it that way, I understand. My heart goes out to Ysa and I hope they find peace one day.
This story will continue, and there will be no mention of Ashlie or J*n from this moment on — not that there would've been to begin with.
That being said, I hope you all enjoy. Stay safe out there
**
TW: panic attack; coffee; violence

Waking up that morning was a fundamentally flawed idea, but Don could say the same for any day. The elf merely stared up at the roof of Dashlie's car, his eyes aching and his shoulders bruised from falling off the bed that morning. He registered nothing of what the woman beside him was saying, merely dissociating as the cool wind slipped through the cracked window of the passenger seat, the oncoming of winter creeping over the horizon. He wondered to himself how long of a walk he would have today, as he no longer had the comfort of a job located in the same parking lot as Dashlie's, and Dashlie refused to drive him to the other side of town. The elf was pretty bitter about that, so he blocked out the girl's morning rants more than usual nowadays.

He wondered: What would it take to kill me? He pondered that for a moment before the unfriendly disinterest sunk in and he rolled his eyes at the thought.

"HEY PISSBOY!" Dashlie suddenly screamed in Don's ear, startling him nearly to death and making herself laugh.

"What????" Don questioned, exasperated and putting on a mean face to cover up his burning embarrassment. His eardrums were crying, hoping the next words to leave the human's mouth wouldn't be loud.

Unfortunately for him, they were: "I SAID I'M GOING ON A DATE TODAY!"

Don flinched involuntarily once more, his hands flying up to his ears. This bitch, he thought, pissed. "Your mom doesn' count, dumbass," he spat.

"I'M NOT GOING ON A DATE WITH MY MOM! I'M GOING WITH A CUTE BOY—!"

"STOP SCREAMIN' IN MY EARS!" Don shouted, making the girl jump and nearly swerve.

"What the hell, man??? I'm driving!" she exclaimed.

"A taste of your own medicine," seethed Don. Dashlie sunk down in her seat, pouting. "But good for you, I guess." The elf turned away, looking out the window. He could feel Dashlie glaring at him.

"Well someone woke up on the wrong side of bed today," she mumbled.

"My bed only has one side," Don responded. "I guess I'm just an asshole."

+++

Arriving to work, the morning wind nearly sweeping him off his feet, Don finished his walk across the town and reached the café. He and his coworker, Dick, had gotten fired from the supermarket about a week or so ago after they'd broken out in another fight that ended with a watermelon being lobbed at Dick's head. While the bitch ass white boy was already on thin ice from skipping work so much, Don proved himself to not be as adept at the job either, given his temperament and loud mouth. The elf was certainly not used to the small-town sensitivity; the tough-as-nails personality he'd gotten from the city on the coast would have to take several bullets to the head and heart to die off. Somehow, though, the café accepted both of the resumes Don remembered to swipe that one day, and they'd been working for quite a bit.