Chapter Eight

"Tanjiro... Tanjiro, are you listening? You'll protect me, right?" Zenitsu whined.

"Zenitsu, if you don't stop whining I'm gonna "accidently" drop you." Mono said to the blonde male. "Mono-chan, will you protect me?" Zenitsu said looking up at the white haired girl.

"Zenitsu. There's something I must apologize to you about. I actually, have ribs and legs are fractured, and they haven't healed yet due to my last battle. As for Mono-san, she looks like she's about to drop dead from exhaustion."

"But she can still protect me, right?!" Zenitsu cried looking at Mono.

"Please stop yelling." Mono said. Zenitsu ignored and screamed out, how he was going to die. And that he hasn't gotten the chance to marry someone yet. Mono rolled her eyes and the male's antics. Tanjiro looked at the exhausted girl, worried.

"Mono-san, are you sure you want to come with us? You should really stay outside and get some rest." Tanjiro said. Moni shook her head, "I'll be fine." She said. *Thud* *Thud* *Thud* *Thud* Footsteps pounded on the cold, rotting, wooden floor. The three faced the direction that they came from. Thr two children that they saw earlier came running at them. Tanjiro yelled at them, saying that they shouldn't be here.
The two kids were trembling, saying there was something rattling inside the box. Tanjiro was a little upset that the box was left outside, but shook it off. "It's fine, but I still wish you didn't leave it out there." He said. "You guys really should go back outside, it's safer out there than in here." Mono said to the siblings.

Zenitsu started shaking and squeezed Mono tightly, nearly choking her to death. Mono dropped him on to the wooden floor. "Ah!! Mono-chan, why did you do that?! Please hold me again!!" "Shh." Mono hushed the male.

Zenitsu's teeth started shattering. The faint sounds of the drum echoed throughout the halls. "AHHH!!! IT'S THE DEMON HE'S COMING TO GET US!!" Zenitsu sreeched out, crouching down. Zenitsu knocked Tanjiro and the girl into another room. Zenitsu looked at them with tears in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry, my butt-"

The doors closed. Mono quickly opened the doors but they were no longer there. They were gone. "AHHHHH-"

*Smack!!*

"Oouch!! Mono-chan, why'd you hit me?"

*********

"I'm sorry for getting you seperated from your brother. But I'll definitely protect you." Tanjiro reassured the girl. "Zenitsu-san and Mono-san will protect your brother. Especially Mono, so don't worry. What's your name?" Tanjiro asked the girl.

"Teruko." The girl whispered out. Tanjiro wipped the tears off of Teruko's face. *Thud* *Thud* *Thud* *Thud* More footsteps. A large demon appeared infront of the shoji door. Drums covered his body, his skin was a swampy green color, the sclera of his eyes were blood red, and he had very sharp teeth.

*****

"We're gonna die. We're gonna die. We're gonna die." Zenitsu kept muttering to himself. "Mono-chan, we're seperated from Tanjiro, We're going to die!!" Zenitsu cried, clinging to the girl's belt. Tears fell on the girls legs.

"Teruko! Teruko!" The boy called out to his sister. Mono immediately silenced the boy. She placed a finger over her mouth. "Shh. You need to be quiet, okay? We don't exactly know how many demons are here. We don't want to alert them." The boy nodded. "What's your name?" Mono said in a soft tone, Mono kicked Zenitsu of her. "Zenitsu, you need to calm down, you aren't helping the situation."

"Now, what's your name again?"

"S-Shoichi."

"Nice to meet you, Shoichi, I'm Mono." The girl said petting the boy's head.

"Can we please get out of here!" Zenitsu cried out, he had a firm grip on Mono's shoulder. "It would probably be our best decision." Mono said. Zenitsu ran to the door the lead to the outside. He slid the door wide open only to be met with another room.

"Ahhh!! Where's the exit!!" Zenitsu cried out, running around the room. Shoichi held onto Mono's hand. "Those drums."

Shoichi stared up at the girl, "What?"

"The drums that we keep hearing. They played when Tanjiro and Teruko seperated from us. When they seperated from us, we also seperated from the exit. For all we know we could be on the second floor farthest away from the exit." Mono said, sticking her hand out in front of her. Zenitsu smack face first into her hand, the blonde fell backwards.

"Mono-chan why'd you do that?!" He sat up staring up at the girl. Blood ran from his nose. "We need to find away out of here. Lead the way, alright."

Zenitsu started opening up doors, running down long corridors. "Anything yet?"

"AHHHH!!"

Zenitsu swiftly turned around facing the two. "Don't do that to me Asui-chan!" The blonde haired boy whined. Zenitsu went back to opening doors. He came acrossed one. He slid the shoji door open.

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Zenitsu, what's wrong?" Mono asked. Mono peered at the door, peeking in and was met with a male wearing a pig mask. A stream of oxygen forced it's way out of the pig nose. The male charged at Zenitsu. The male bounced off the wall, kicked Mono into the wall, and ran down the hall, laughing like a mad man.

Zenitsu coward behind the door, Shoichi stared at him with the look of disappointment. "Why are you staring at me like that?!" The male cried.

"Mono-nee, are you okay?" Shoichi asked. "Don't worry, I'm fine." Mono said. Zenitsu grabbed Mono and dragged her down the halls screaming, Shoichi followed close behind.

 Zenitsu grabbed Mono and dragged her down the halls screaming, Shoichi followed close behind

"Umm... excuse me, Zenitsu?"

"YAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!" Zenitsu stopped, tossing Mono somewhere in the hallway. "Uwoh! Uwoooohh!" Zenitsu clung to Shoichi. "Signal, signal me next time! If you want to say something don't just suddenly say it, my heart nearly lept out of my mouth! If that happened then you're going to be a murderer!! Got that!!"

"I'm sorry... It's just that, no matter if it's your erratic breathing or the shaking it's all getting worse, so..."

"So what!! I'm doing the best I can so is Mono-chan!"

"But you're making me feel unsafe, Mono-nee makes me feel safer. And shouldn't we check if Mono-nee is okay? You threw her pretty far." Shoichi said the the whimpering male.

*Screap*

"It's a child. Biting down on them might feel really good on my tongue." Zenitsu looked behind him and was met with a demon. He had four eyes, and a really long tongue.

"AHHHHH!!!! SEE A DEMON APPEARED!! A DEMON REALLY APPEARED!!" Zenitsu grabbed Shoichi's hand, a ran down the hall picking up one of Mono's legs.

'It's a good thing I'm covered in my crystal coating.'

*********************** Taisho Secret **************************

Mono: "Sorry, no Taisho secret, but do you have any questions that need to be answered?"