Chapter Thirty-Nine

Rui's hand ached with a burning feeling. Not long after Enmu could feel a burning ache on his shoulder blade, right where Mono had placed their marks. Rui had felt the burning feeling before when she fought against Akaza, but it wasn't this bad. There was something wrong both Enmu and Rui knew that.

"Enmu-san, are you feeling any better?"

"I feel a lot better now." Enmu said to the young demon.

"We should go find Ane, something's wrong." Rui said to the older demon. Enmu nodded, he felt the same way. There was something wrong and he didn't like it. Before the two could leave the estate, Mayu came out holding Kiri.

"Where are you guys going?" The young dark haired girl asked. The two stopped from leaving. Enmu crouched down to the girl's height.

"We're going to help Mono-sama. You stay here with Himejima-san." Enmu said placing a hand on the girl's head. "We should pack a couple supplies before we leave." Rui said. The two demons packed up everything they needed and left the estate. Mayu waved the two off, watching them run down the dirt path.

"Do you know where the Red Light District is?" Rui asked. Enmu nodded his head and told the young demon that he would lead him there.

**********

*Clang*

Sickles sliced against Mono's crystal layer. Gyuutaro hit the armor repeatedly trying to wear down the crystal coat. The bad thing was, was that it was beginning to work. Shards fell onto the rooftop with each hit from the sickles. Gyuutaro had this twisted smile on his face as he hit the crystal.

'I can't fight him! Not when I'm wearing this! I don't have much energy left. I don't think I'll have much of a choice, but I need not get out of here.' Mono thought to herself. While the girl was thinking to herself a sickle aimed for her neck, ready to slice her head off. A crystal layer coated around her neck. The sickle landed against her neck breaking the crystal layer into millions of pieces. Mono stepped back and started running down the rooftops. Gyuutaro followed after her.
Mono took out her chained swords and threw them as far as she could across the road down below. The sword clung onto the rooftop on the otherside. Gyuutaro ran faster towards the petite girl.

"I WON'T LET YOU GET AWAY!!!" Gyuutaro yelled at the young teen. Mono gripped onto the end of the blade and jumped off the roof. Her other chained sword shot out towards another roof. She swung herself to the other roof. No one had realized what was going on. It was like Mono was flying through the city. Gyuutaro followed after the white haired girl, running down the rooftops. The male kept pace with her. She'll be okay, all she needs to do is defend herself. She hopes she can do so.

*******

The demoness walked along the rooftop. She heard the screams of young women calling for help. She had just killed a woman and left without a trace. The girl hopped down from the rooftop and slid open a shoji door. To her surprise she was greated by the king of all demons.

"How are you feeling?" He said in a warm tone.

"Muzan-sama!" The demoness said, surprised to see the man before her.

"It appears you've feasted on quite a few humans. You're more powerful than ever before. That's good." Muzan said to the woman. The woman immediately bowed to the male. "Yes, Master!" The woman daid.

"But don't get careless. The longer things go well, the easier it is to slip up." Muzan stated. "Yes, Master. I understand." The demoness said.

"The Demon Dlayer Corps... Someone skilled like a Hashira will realize there's a demon working here. The trouble is, we can barely tell humans apart just by sight unless they're powerful like a Hashira. Still, we can distinguish things humans hardly even understand, like blood type, sickness and genes." Muzan stated.