Chapter Fifty-Four

Kanao ran down the dirt path towards Mono's estate. The three young butterfly girls followed aftet her as well. They had heard about the fight.

The four young girls run up to the engawa and slid the shoji door open.

"Where's Mono-san!"

"Where's Mono-nee!"

***

Mono sat at her desk holding a cup of blood. On her desk was a cup of water. Next to the desk was a bucket. Rui sat next to Mono. "Here, try this." Rui took a drink of blood. Mono picked the bucket up and placed it in Rui's arms. The young demon spit the blood out and into the bucket. Mono handed him some water to get the taste out. He spit the water into the bucket once he was finished.

"Didn't taste so great, huh? I'm sorry." Mono apologized to the white haired demon. "If I was a full demon, maybe I'd have an idea of what to make for you."

"Please, don't say that Ane. I'd rather have you be half demon that full demon." Rui said. Enmu who sat on a medical bed, nodded his head. "We're quite glad you aren't like us, Mono-sama." Mono smiled.

Knock

Knock

The three turned their heads towards the door. "Come in." Mono said. The door opened wide to reveal Hinatsuru with Kanao and the three butterfly girls.

"Hi girls!" Mono greeted.

"They were looking for you." Hinatsuru said to the white haired teen. "I take it your here for Tanjiro-san and the others, right?" Mono asked.

"Thank you, Hinatsuru-san!" Mono waved the young woman off. "The boys are over there. They're still alseep from the medication." Mono said pointing to the corner. Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi ran up to Rui and hugged him tight. The three then gave Mono and Enmu a hugged.

"We heard what happened!"

"You guys are amazing! So strong!"

"We're so glad you're okay!" The girls said. Mono smiled and hugged the three girls seperately. Kanao walked over to the boys. She stood next to Tanjiro's bed.

'It's like they were never in a fight. Their wounds have nearly healed.'

"Mono-san." Kanao suddenly called out to the older teen. She pointed down at Tanjiro. "Their injuries..."

"That's the medication doing it's job. It's made special, heals wounds faster." Mono explained. "I try to help as much with the draw backs, but it's best to let it fix itself naturally."

"What're the draw backs?" Sumi asked.

"Fatigue, nausea, migranes. It's like getting the common cold, but without the runny nose and all the sneezing." Mono said. "They don't stay awake for too long, they need a lot of rest." Mono explained.

"I should go check on Uzui-san. You can stay in here and watch over them if you'd like. Just come find me when they wake up." Mono said leaving the room. Enmu followed the smaller female while Rui stayed with the girls.

*

Mono smiled when she reached upstairs. Hinatsuru, Suma, and Makio were playing with Mayu and Kiri. The two walked up to a higher level in the estate, where Uzui was. The girl slid open the door. The retired Hashira sat in bed wide awake.

"Your injuries are healing nicely." Mono said. The young teen checked him over, making sure he was doing just fine. "I'll have you stay for a couple more days." Mono said.

"Make sure you get plenty of rest. You need to sleep off the medicine." Mono told the male. Mono soon left, leaving a slightly flustered Uzui.

*

Mayu ran down the hall, spotting Mono. "Obasan!" Mayu cried out to Mono. "Someone's at the door." Mayu said, leading the white haired girl to the door.

In the living room, sotting on some mats was the Ubuyashiki family. Enmu stood by Mono, listening to his friend greet the family.

"Sorry I wasn't here to greet you. I was a bit busy." Mono explained. The Ubuyashiki children ran up to the girl and hugged her tight.

"It's fine, Mono-san." Amane said. The white haired woman hugged the teen.

"It's so good to see you guys again." Mono said.

"Makero, told us you had something for Kiriya and I." Kagaya said. Mono nodded. "I do. Let me go get it." Mono said. She left the family to recieve the medicine.

Mono came back with a jar of medicine and a syringe. The young white haired teen sat in front of the Kagaya and Kiriya. "Seems that curse is really getting to you. It's a good thing I made this." She said, injecting the medicine into them.

"This should at least keep the curse at bay for a little while." Mono said.

"Thank you, Mono-san." Kagaya said, hugging the teen.

**

"You know, you kids don't have to stay here. Mayu and Kiri are playing with Naho-san, Kiyo-san, Sumi-san, and Rui-san. You can go play with them if you'd like." Kagaya's children ran off to find the other kids.

"So Makero told us about the Upper Moon Six. You're working really hard for them." Kagaya said.

"I want them to have a second chance. I want them to live the lives they didn't finish." Mono said.

Two demon siblings listened in on the conversation.

"If I may ask you a question. Why are you trying to help demons?" Amane asked.

"Because in a way I was kind of in a situation like them. Being manipulated, turned into a demon, well half anyway. I just know what it feels like. So I want to help them." Mono explained.

"You're a good person, Mono-san." Amane said.

"I wouldn't say I'm a good person."

"Why is that?" Kagaya asked.

"Back on Mount Natagumo... I killed young Demon Slayers." The white haired teen said. Amane placed a hand on the girl's shoulder. "We know Mono-san." Amane said, comforting the girl. "We also know that you did it because you didn't want them to suffer. You are a wonderful person Mono-san." Kagaya added.

"We have some gifts for Rui-san and Enmu-san. They've worked so hard with your help. Would you mind getting them?" Aname said.

Mono nodded.

************************ Taisho Secrets ************************

Mono: "Time for a Taisho secret. Mayu can't decided who she likes more. Senjuro-san or Kiriya-san."

Yaya we get some time with Kagaya and Amane.