Chapter forty six: Finding out

Start from the beginning

"I really don't care. As long as they are both healthy, I really don't care what they are. We will love them anyway so it doesn't matter to me. What about you?"

"I don't mind either Jen. Boys or girls, they are our children and like you said, as long as they are healthy then that's all that matters"

Ten minutes later we arrive. We park the car and make our way inside. We take a seat in the waiting room and we continue to talk about what we are going to do later when we find out the gender. I want to go shopping for some baby clothes and Brad wants to go and buy some nursery furniture so we decide that we will do both. We both can't wait to start decorating their nursery.

"Jennifer Aniston-Pitt" I hear my name being called by the doctor so we get up and follow her into her room

"So how are you feeling?" She asks me as I take a seat on the bed

"I'm feeling good thank you. I'm still tired and I still get sickness every now and again but thankfully that is slowly fading away. Also my breasts are starting to get really sore now"

"That's completely normal Jen. Sore breasts are very common at this stage of pregnancy"

"How long should I expect it to last?"

"It really depends. Some women only have them for a few weeks and some have it for the rest of their pregnancy but there is a cream we can provide if it gets too sore for you. Right then... are you ready to see your babies?"

"We sure are. Is it possible to have a 4D scan today? We really want to see all their features"

"That's absolutely fine, we can do a 4D scan for you but that will come at an extra charge of $200"

"That's fine, we'll pay the extra money" Brad says as I lay down on the bed

I lift up my sweater and the doctor puts the cold gel on my stomach. First of all she does the normal sonogram. She moves her probe around on my stomach. I reach for Brad's hand as we continue to stare at the screen. She gets her probe in the perfect position and we can see both babies so clearly.

"Oh goodness

"Oh goodness... look at them Brad" My eyes fill with tears. I cry every time I see my beautiful babies

"I know babe. They have grown so much since the last time we saw them"

"I have a question... since they are both on their backs, will they have enough time to move positions so their heads are facing downwards? I really want a vaginal birth"

"They have plenty of time to move positions. They still have plenty of room in there. I'd expect to see them head down at around week 25 but if they are not, we can always turn the babies for you. All we do is press hard on your stomach with one hand and another hand will be placed inside your vagina to help them to move. The procedure is completely safe and it has 100% success rate"