5

The Dark Lord stood high above us at the table other powerful witches and wizards say looking at Draco and me. My parents were sat in front of him chairs turned to look at us, Elizebeth and Max weren't even looking. Draco's aunt and mother were sat beside the Dark Lord on his left and right. He clapped his hands together giving a sickening grin that would've given even the most fearless person shivers. 

" My devoted followers, today we mark a new day in history. This will not be our biggest mark on history but it will be the start," He looked around the grin still on his face as his eyes twinkled with malice. " Today we allow our family to grow and add another L/n to our group and the last of the Malfoy's. Today they will be tasked to do a great mission in aiding us to make our world pure again. Today they will receive the mark that connects us." He took a step away from the table making his way to Draco and me.

I went to grab Draco's hand but he shook me off and stepped away as I got closer. I felt my heart sink, I thought he wouldn't want to be alone during this or let me be alone. I took a deep breath seeing my father glared at me and mouth 'behave'. I stood up straighter as The Dark Lord stopped in front of me. He grabbed ahold of my bicep turning my forearm to face him. 

" Ladies first," He grinned taking his wand and putting it to my skin. I closed my eyes trying not to wince at the slight sting it caused. After he let go of my arm I opened my eyes seeing him going to Draco, he looked terrified. I silently went closer to him taking his hand in mine making him look to me while The Dark Lord put the Dark Mark on him. He scrunched his nose in discomfort rubbing his arm when The Dark Lord let go. He had let go of my hand and didn't look at me again as we sat down to eat. The mark was itching and looked irritated around. 

As I retreated to my room for the night a hand wrapped around my wrist. I looked back to see Draco behind me looking down at his feet. He looked up at me slowly as I looked down at his left arm seeing the mark that was given to us tonight. He looked down also. 

" Thank you," He mumbled as he let go of my wrist. 

" For?" I asked. He looked back down to his left arm, he was thanking me for comforting him when he got it. " It's what friends do Draco." I smiled and he grimaced making my heart clench. He took a step away pulling his sleeves down before meeting my gaze. 

" Are we still friends?" He asked. 

" What?" I asked dumbfounded he'd ask a question like that. " Of course! Why wouldn't we be?" I asked. I knew we hadn't been getting along recently since the whole engagement thing but he'd always be my best friend. 

" Because we're engaged," He said looking at me with cold eyes. " And it doesn't seem like you wanted that." I looked to my feet remember my actions the day we were told.

" Draco it's not-" I cut myself off not knowing what to say. He straightened his posture fixing me with a cold gaze. He sighed before turning.

" I shouldn't have even come," He said as he walked down the hall and to his bedroom door. He looked at me before he entered. " I don't know why I ever liked you or was your friend." His words stung as I felt tears prick at my eyes. I turned and entered my room for the night, at least I'd leave tomorrow night.

~~~

As the sun streamed through the windows I slowly blinked getting the sleep out of my eyes. I sat up with a yawn my heart still hurting from Draco's words from last night. Did he like me or was he just saying that to make it hurt worse? That was one thought I couldn't get over. I sighed getting up deciding I shouldn't dwell on it with today's events. There was a knock on the door before it opened.

" Are you ready?" Draco said looking anywhere but at me. I sighed not knowing what to say. I was dressed and ready to go out but I wasn't ready for what today was to hold. 

" Not really," I told him being honest hoping that maybe he'd understand.

" Then hurry up," He said his voice cold again as he finally looked at me the cold glare still there. "We're leaving soon." With that, he turned around and left closing the door behind him. I sighed my breathing shaky as my heart clenched. 

~~~

It was just Draco, Narcissa and me as we walked down the streets of Diagon Alley that seemed so bare of everyone. I stuck close as we went to turn into Knockturn Alley looking around to make sure we weren't followed. We walked down the streets hurriedly looking behind every so often to make sure we weren't being followed. I hated what was to come in just a few short minutes. I wish Draco was still talking to me. As we took another turn the cold looking shop came into view and I shuddered. I've gone in there before but I've never liked it, it was always so cold and closed off.

I looked over to Draco as we stood in front of the building hoping to see his gaze already on me. That wasn't the case. He was staring ahead of him his face looking fearless and cold but I knew he was feeling as scared as I was, or I hoped he was. Once we walked through the doors I shuddered looking at the cabinet that was in the middle of the room. 

It was the thing that Draco and I would have to use to betray all of Hogwarts and the people inside. It made me sick to the stomach just looking at it.