9

Draco and I rushed into the Great Hall with Snape in front of us. I took my seat beside pansy and Draco in front of me. We'd made it in time for the end of the sorting ceremony, it looked like we got quite a few new Slytherins. I looked around the room seeing Weasley and Granger looking around for their friend which just made my gut twist more. Draco kicked at my shin on the table glaring at me.

My head snapped to the front of the room when Dumbledore started his speech. " Very best of evenings to you all," He started. " First off let me introduce the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn." The man beside Professor Snape stood giving everyone a wave and smile. 

" Professor Slughorn I'm pleased to say has agreed to resume his old post as potions master. Meanwhile Defense against Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape." The Slytherins erupted into applause but I couldn't quite stomach the thought. Besides what we were to do, him getting the post of DADA was a bad omen. 

Pansy nudged my side whispering, " Don't look so down, this is what we've wanted for years!" I gave her a tight smile before clapping quietly looking at Draco who looked lost in his thoughts. I hated how this year had turned out so far. We needed each other more than ever yet we were fighting the most we ever had, maybe we could talk it out tonight.

" As you know each and every one of you were searched upon your arrival here tonight and you have the right to know why," Dumbledore began speaking again as the air became tense. " Once there was a young man who like you sat in this very hall, walked this castle's corridors, stepped under its roof. Seemed to all of the world, a student like any other. His name was Tom Riddle." The hall turned into murmurs being passed around by students. I closed my eyes feeling as though I'd be sick, they hadn't checked hard enough, we were him now. 

" Today, of course, he is known all over the world by another name. Which is why as I stand looking out upon you all tonight I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute perhaps, Dark forces attempt to penetrate those castle's walls. But in the end, their greatest weapon is you." And they have us. They'd managed to get me and Draco out of our own accord. I looked to Draco than the headmaster who was already looking over to us a look that sent panic through my body. He knew. He had to. " Just something to think about. Now off to bed!" 

I stayed seated as the students got up to leave not feeling as though I'd be able to walk. I looked across to Draco seeing he was lost in his thoughts as he looked down the table. I reached out touching his arm attempting a smile but couldn't quite manage one. He looked at me than my hand before placing his own on top of mine. Maybe it could go back to normal. We weren't alone in this. Not when we had each other. 

He stood up motioning with his head to follow and I didn't hesitate to get out of the Great Hall with the one man we were supposed to kill. We walked side by side all the way to the dungeons where a prefect stopped us telling us to follow him. 

" Your parents requested a change for you both with your circumstances," He said that with a smirk but it soon fell as we both shot him a deathly look. " uh anyways, you'll be sharing your own little dorm area. Still two rooms for you each and a bathroom, even your own common room. You guys are lucky."

" Is that all?" Draco asked, annoyance lacing his words. The perfect nodded giving us the password before he quickly left. " Great now we get to spend even more time together isn't this splendid darling?" 

" I don't want to fight Draco." His face softened slightly as he heard the exhaustion in my voice. Though nothing is ever easy when it comes to Draco Malfoy. A smirk came over his features as he stepped closer to me.

" What would you rather do darling? Hm?" He asked placing his hand under my chin making me look up at him. He leaned down placing a kiss below my ear making my breath hitch. I could just imagine the smirk on his face. " Would you rather me kiss you again? Make you scream my name for all of Hogwarts to know just who you belong to?"  Another kiss on my neck was placed. 

" We both know you can't hold onto these promises Dray." My voice was soft unlike what was intended but it did the trick. Draco pulled away his grip on my chin moving to my neck and tightening making me gasp. His eyes were dark and his jaw clenched.

" Want to say that again?" He ran his hand away from my neck down the side of my body till his hands rested on my hips. His eyes trailed my body before he pulled me closer a smirk across his lips. I smirked back catching myself and began playing with his tie.

" I just think it's rude to get me all excited when you can't fulfil my needs is all," I didn't meet his eyes but I didn't need to. I knew by the way his breath hitched and his grip faltering then tightening that he wasn't expecting my words. 

" You should watch what you say Y/n," He warned. 

" Make me," I challenged. I looked up just as he began leaning in. My breath caught in my throat as he came in closer. As his lips pressed against mine he began pushing me back but I fought against him pushing against his chest. My heart was pounding out of my chest as he stared blankly at me. I took a step back his hands falling off my body easily. I was the first to recover.

I smirked as he still held a blank expression. I grabbed his tie once more twirling it in my hands before I yanked it down bringing him out of his thoughts. " If you thought a little ole' kiss was good imagine how amazing the rest could be." I whispered before placing a kiss under his ear making him shiver. 

I bit my lip backing up from him as he watched my every move like a hawk. I turned around walking into my room smiling to myself. I just kissed Draco Malfoy. I heard the rushed footsteps as Draco grabbed my writs.

" Y/n! What was that?" He asked confusion lacing his voice, I don't blame him. I usually would never do something like that. Payback for all the lingering stares and the kiss, I thought to myself.

" Goodnight Dray," I said smiling before I shook his hand from my wrist and went into my room. I sighed leaning against the door with a smile. It was a couple of minutes before I heard Draco mutter Merlin and his footsteps retreating.