Familiar Stranger

Start from the beginning

During the fall, you were in the Triskelion and had actually aided Captain America himself. So lots of people knew your name. Not that any of that interested you. You were just here to do your job.

''Hi! I'm Y/N Y/L/N.''

Jemma's eyes widened at your name. ''Wait, Y/L/N? Have you met the others yet?''

''No, I just arrived,'' you smiled at her starstruck eyes, gesturing at the bag in your hand.

''I'm gonna get Daisy, she's going to freak out.'' Jemma took off without a goodbye and Coulson shook his head, laughing when he saw the look on your face.

''She's adorable,'' you chuckled as you two continued your way to his office. 

Coulson teased you playfully. ''Don't let Fitz hear that.'' He let you into his office first and took place into his leather chair behind his desk. 

You shook your head rapidly, placing your bag on the floor and sitting down opposite him. There was no way you were going to be the reason FitzSimmons broke up, they were holy. ''Oh no, I would never. FitzSimmons are iconic. Besides, she's not my type.''

Coulson shuffled through some papers, looking for the ones to give to you. ''Then who is?''

But you almost didn't hear his question because a gorgeous brunette stormed into Coulson's office like she owned the place. You would never forget those eyes. ''Her,'' you breathed out, your voice no higher than a whisper. 

You were completely frozen in your seat as your eyes met. Daisy had the same reaction, stopping dead in her tracks which caused Jemma to almost run into her. 

You should have known from the name. A lightbulb should have gone off in your head when Jemma mentioned the name of her friend. But who would have thought that the Daisy you had a night of fun with a couple months ago, was the same Daisy standing in front of you now.

Coulson and Jemma were completely confused on what was happening. Their heads snapped back and forth between the two women, who couldn't find any words. 

You remembered that night like it was yesterday. You had met her in a bar and you two immediately clicked. Her beauty had pulled you in, but her brains and jokes had let you stay. After that night together in your bed, she had left early in the morning without leaving her number behind.

You had tried to find her because you couldn't help but feel there could be more. You really liked her but with only her first name to go off, it was an impossible game. There were a lot of people in LA. She had floated around in your head for weeks after until you eventually pushed her out of your head, although her lips on your neck were hard to forget.

Across the room, Daisy's head was just as messy. She should have never let it go that far on that beautiful night. But with a couple drinks in her system and your beautiful eyes entrancing her the entire night, she just couldn't resist you. From the moment you had sat next to her at the bar and you said hello, she was a goner. 

As soon as she had woken up the next morning, she instantly regretted ever letting you get that close to her. She was dangerous. She was looking into some dangerous stuff and SHIELD was still looking for her. The last thing she should have done is rope you into that. 

So she left in the dark, leaving nothing but her smell behind in your bed. Of course it hurt her to leave behind what could have been. Because like you, she felt there could have been more, hadn't she snuck out that day.

When you finally found your voice again, you shook your head to try and clear it. ''Daisy?'' you asked dumbfounded how fate brought you two together once again.