Chapter 31: Behind the Scene

Start from the beginning

"Now that we know that there are High Orcs in this dungeon, it'd be too dangerous to continue without our master or vice master. Why don't we retreat for now? We'll need at least two more healers and three mages skilled in powerful AOE magic to continue."

"Hyung, I know that it's your first time leading the force and it's frustrating, but let's end it here."

Ki-Hoon stared at the ground blankly as he clenched his hands, a look of contemplating on his face.

"Then... Let's retreat for now."

"Whew... I was holding my breath cause I thought Son hyung would want to continue."

"I'm not that foolish." Ki-Hoon smiled awkwardly.

"I know. Look at my hands. Don't you see them shaking?"

"Stop being such a baby and starts moving."

They returned back to the gate with a light atmosphere in the air.

"S-Stop!"

"What happened here?"

"What the hell?"

The gate that they entered an hour ago changed colour from blue into a mixture of pink, purple and green, an abnormal gate.

"It's a barrier. Created with a spell of high level." The mage said.

"Why is the path blocked? It was fine on the way here."

"Can you get rid of it?"

"It's possible if you give me some time."

Before the mages could even begin, a heavy magical wavelength assaulted them, everyone in the team felt chills crawling up their spine.

"Oh my god...!"

"That's the boss of this dungeon?"

"N-no way!"

"Unnie, we must hurry!"

"I know!"

The mages rushed forward to break the spell blocking the gate connected to their world.

"It won't be easy to break!"

Jin-Woo's face also turned serious as he watched them quietly from behind. 'The magical wavelength is so heavy that even the hunters who couldn't sense magical energy felt it! It's on a different scale!'

The mages suddenly vomited out blood as they collapsed on the floor.

"It's targeting our mages!"

"Quickly use holy magic!"

"Ki-Hoon hyung..."

"Damn..."

They turned around in fear, a group of High Orcs, around of 50 of them, gathered around.

One of them approached Ki-Hoon, towering him as he glared down.

"Ki-Hoon hyung!"

"Stop. We'll just get killed if we fight them." Ki-Hoon tried to maintain his calm as he hid his trembling hands under his cape.

"Khrerahk tuu sheenah weegroo ahraknakah!" The High Orc spat out unintelligible words in fury before it suddenly craned his neck. "Human... Humans..."

Ki-Hoon looked up in shock.

"I am... Kargalgan... I wish to... meet with... you... humans..." The High Orc talked slowly, unused to the foreign language.

"An orc just spoke a human language! Is it magic?" A hunter piped up.