Chapter 41| Bonkers

Depuis le début

Smiling, I wiggled my eyebrows and teased him, "Is someone missing his little sister?"

Tristan batted his lashes at me. "Who and who is missing you?"

I rolled my eyes and sunk back on the bed, a knowing smile on my face.

"Have you tried dialing Chioma's line again?" he asked. I'd told him of Chioma's disappearance when I came back a few hours ago.

"No. We'll see in church tomorrow anyway."

The mention of her took me back to last night's sleepover. My mom and brother had been curious to know what it was all about but only Tristan got to know of the escapades I've been up to. I couldn't hide it from him, he always knew when I was hiding something. He also asked whether I was attracted to Charlie and I was left pondering on the what ifs.

"What are you watching?" he asked and peaked at my laptop.

My lips turned down at the corners in disapproval of his nosiness. "Chinese series."

"You and all these romance movies. You had better do well not to fall for a boy because he's rude and expect a happy ever after. That only happens in movies. If one yeye boy tries to maltreat you, I'll punch his senses back to reset default."Tristan quibbled.

All I did was laugh at his corny solidarity but it was shortlived when the image of Christopher's stoic expression suddenly crossed my mind.

Tristan came back around and plumped himself on my bed to watch the movie with me.

"Tristan, go to your room naw. You're disturbing me." I whined once more but he batted his eyelashes at me.

"So you can secretly watch the kissing scenes, abi?"

With a frown on my face, I decided it was useless trying to kick him out but not without mumbling irritably, "Instead of you to go and disturb your girlfriend, you're here disturbing my peace and quiet."

"I'm not disturbing her, she's the one disturbing me. I just decided I'll rather pester my dear sister."

A grin took form on my lips in no time. "Oh, so you really do have a girlfriend. Now come tell me all about her so I can decide whether you have my blessing or not."

He placed his hands on his chest and looked the other way. "I'm not telling you anything. Let me sleep in peace."

I glared daggers at the masculine and hotter version of me.

"Who said you can sleep on my bed?" detecting his plan to divert the topic, I snuggled up to him and tried again, "Come on Tris, a small gossip won't harm anyone."

"Don't call me that. And I don't have a girlfriend so drop it."

oh you little liar.

Tristan never really had a girlfriend before now, not that I knew of anyway, so it was a big deal to know if he finally stopped being a coward and had a girlfriend in his second year of college.

"Oya naw." I pestered him again but neither did he budge or said anything and infact feigned dozing off.

"You're no fun." I hissed and returned to my movie despite all the distractions.

I plugged my ears even though I didn't need to hear the dialogues, not that I understood Chinese anyway, but I preferred listening to the incoherent entwine of words and symbols that danced on the lips and tongues of the native speakers and imagine they were speaking in the English subtitle I read out in my mind.

Anyway, I was soon distracted once again from the movie by the manner at which today's events took form. This whole week had been catastrophic so far and that enough should've been a sign to how much more the elites were about to shaken my world and turn it upside down for good, and not good in a good way.