Angry Tears and A What?

I woke up, and snuggled into the warmth that enveloped me. I was starting to drift off, but whatever I was laying on began to rumble with laughter. My eyes opened sleepily, and I looked around noticing that I was laying on someone’s chest. My eyes trailed up the body I was on and was met with Kakashi’s face.

“Well I guess I figured out why I didn’t wake up from nightmares, now, didn’t I?” I asked, still half asleep. I rolled over, off of Kakashi….and onto the floor. Conveniently, Kakashi rolled with me and ended up on top of me.

“You know, you already told me your opinion, you didn’t have to drag me on top of you,” Kakashi said. I smirked and shoved him off, stretching.

“Hey, I wasn’t the one who crawled into bed with you, Mister.”

“I wasn’t the one who wouldn’t let go. You had a vice grip around my neck,” he said with a smirk. That was when I realized that he wasn’t wearing his mask, or his headband. Oh this will just be too easy. I rolled us over and straddled his waist, arms on either side of his head, and leaned in real close to his face. Our lips were just an inch apart. His hands were on my hips and his eye was wide.

“Looks like the feeling is mutual,” I said lowly and cockily. He didn’t seem to really know what to do, so I made the decision of closing the gap. Our lips met and he seemed shocked at first, until he actually responded. He suddenly shoved me away though.

“This isn’t something we can do. You are my student.”

“Yeah, but the only reason I am your student and not your equal is because I was just made a Leaf Genin so that someone could keep an eye on me. If you really go by the whole teacher and you being a Jonin, then that is ridiculous. I don’t need a teacher, and I was considered an S-ranked criminal. Nothing is wrong with this Kakashi, unless you know something that I don’t?” I asked. He looked at me before quickly looking away. My eyes narrowed and I slammed his hands above his head, trapping him. I may be a girl, but I went through much more training then he did and had more muscles in my small, petite body.

“What the hell so you know, Kakashi?” I asked angrily. His eyes widened when he tried to move his arms. “You’re not moving from this spot until you tell me.”

He shook his head and refused to meet my eyes. Tears started to form in my eyes. He didn’t trust me enough to tell him. One tear escaped and dripped onto his cheek. I don’t even know why I was crying…he was just so important to me and I barely even knew him! He looked at me, his eyes saddened, surprised, and in pain, when he saw the tears in my eyes.

“I can’t tell you.” He just confirmed everything and I released his arms only to slap him across the face. The sound resounded around the room and I stood up and jumped out the window. Tears were blurring my vision as I leapt across rooftops. I raced through trees and only stopped when I slipped and fell, stumbling into a tree trunk. I hugged it tightly as tears slipped down my face. After the first few, I couldn’t stop.

I have no idea why it hurts so much, but the fact that he said that he couldn’t tell me sent a pang in my heart. My throat burned as my tears finally stopped, and I sat on the ground, taking in deep breaths. Finally I could breathe normally. I shakily stood up and started to head back. I stopped when I realized that I was to live with Kakashi now. I sighed and went back to somewhat civilization, and found a nice tree. I got comfortable and closed my eyes, dreading the dreams, but needing the sleep either way.

~~~~~~~~

 It isn’t enough. This training will not help me. Kabuto is being useless. I tripled his training schedule and finished it in the time that he gave me. Orochimaru came to take me into a lab. We walked in and I sat down on a table, finally getting my breathing under control.

“Well, my dear, I guess this is the first time you will be in here.” I nodded my head at his statement.

“Kabuto told me not to come in here unless I was with one of you. So what are we doing in here, My Lord?” I asked in my young ten year old voice. He looked at me before bringing a syringe to my arm and injecting it in me.

“I am giving you a present, little one. Maybe it will work, maybe it will kill you, either way, we will just have to wait.” When he was finished, my arm started to burn, and then it spread throughout my entire body. I shrieked at the pain that coated my body. Kabuto came in and took me to a room that had nothing but the one door. I was starting to black out. Then, the pain became worse and my bones started to creak and groan until I heard snaps. My body changed into an animalistic shape and a sinister growl ripped through me before everything changed back.

I tried to yell, to talk, to move. But, I couldn’t do anything but whimper. I felt trees around me, and heard a voice whispering that it would be okay, just bare through it. Suddenly my whole entire body convulsed and my arms shot out, growing at weird angles. Everything hurt.

~~~~~~~~

I screamed and sat up quickly, smacking my head on the branch conveniently above me and falling to the ground with a groan. I guess I am going to have to stay awake throughout the night again. I opened my eyes and saw a face peering down at me. Kakashi.

“I’m sorry, Hitsuki. I wish I could tell you, but you wouldn’t have believed me.” I was angry at what he said.

“That may be true for most people, but anything you said to me, I would believe wholeheartedly. I believed you couldn’t tell me, but I was already angry and that just sent me over the edge.” Kakashi sighed at my words.

“The teacher and student cap is too big of an obst-”

“SHUT UP! If you care for me, then I see no problem. Better yet, I am going to talk to the Hokage. Nothing you do is going to stop me,” I said. I jumped up and left him with a teleportation jutsu. I was outside of the Hokage’s office and knocked. I heard a reply and opened the door. I walked in and walked up to his desk, bowing slightly.

“Lord Hokage, I have a request.” He raised an eyebrow and gestured for me to continue. I took a deep breath and said, “I have an interest in Kakashi Hatake and wish to be allowed to date him even though we are student and teacher and the only reason we are is because you don’t trust me but I really don’t care because I wish to be with him.”

He nodded his head, looking slightly amused. “I’m not surprised, especially since the two of you were suppose to be married to begin with. The contract still stands too.” My mouth opened…and closed…and repeated this process until Kakashi burst into the door. The Hokage turned to him as I continued this process. “I’m guessing she didn’t know, judging by her reaction. But, it is fine, if not for the contract, then because of the fact that he is more your babysitter then your teacher. I don’t think you really have much that you need to learn as it is… considering whom you lived with.”

I turned an extremely attractive red. Note: that was sarcasm that I just used. I turned on my heel and faced Kakashi. “I’ll see you at home.” And, with that, I poofed back and crawled into his bed. I refuse to sleep by myself any longer, especially if he is the one thing that can keep the nightmares away. I was hiding my face when Kakashi came in.

“We have to go meet the team, unless you want to talk about this.” I sat up at his words and walked in front of him. He stared for a second before looking away. I reached up and yanked his mask down, pulling his lips to mine. Eventually, I pulled away breathlessly.

“We don’t have anything to talk about, but as you said, we need t go meet the team,” I said, still out of breath. I walked out of his apartment and went to meet the team, leaving Kakashi behind with a stunned look on his face.