"I have no doubts. I'm sorry about your father too." He offered his sympathy as we both turned back to the photos on the wall, my eyes landing on one of Joey as a baby with his parents.

"I was skeptical before meeting you. I know you are an excellent student, but I also know a persons history, no matter how hard you try to seperate yourself, can always creep back up."

"Not me. I won't let it. I've worked too hard," I insisted. Trying to convince myself as much as him.

"I can see that you are trying Morgan, but be prepared incase it does. It took one lunch with you to see what everyone else saw instantly. You are driven and mature beyond your years. I have met many people in my time, through my business and have gotten good at reading people. You will succeed, I'm sure of it. What I noticed most though, wasn't about you at all. It was Joey, I see the way he looks at you. I've seen it before in myself and my sons," he says, gesturing to another photo.

It is David and Sophia on their wedding day. Sophia is smiling at the camera and David is looking at her. Pure love and adoration in his eyes, I've seen it before in very old photos of my parents. Before I came along and ruined my mother.

"I don't think Joey realises it yet himself, but I see it," he continues.

I blush at his words and my heart flutters. I already know what we have is special, but he is confirming it for me.

"I'm not worried about your past. Joey isn't either from what I have gathered. Your a smart girl Morgan, I look forward to knowing you better."

"Thank you Mr Cameron, I appreciate your honesty."

"Please, call me Ben. You're family, not an employee," he waves his arm in the air as if to dismiss the formality.

"Ok, thank you Ben. Thank you for having me stay here too,"

"Trust me, you have some fans in this household and they wouldn't have it any other way!" He laughs and turns to walk away.

"Oh and Morgan," he starts.

"Keep this conversation between us," I finish for him.

He nods and leaves the hallway. I gaze at the photos once more before heading to Harper's room on the other side of the house. I was happy to have a serious conversation like that out of the way on the first day and to have already gained the approval of the whole Cameron family. I knew it would be important to Joey that his family accepted me. It was important to me too.

Hours later I find myself sitting on the floor of Harper's room on a plush fluffy white rug while Jayda is planted on the bed behind me braiding my hair. Jessica is sitting at my feet painting my toenails. She has given both Harper and myself a full pedicure.

Harper is lying on her bed lazily browsing a cosmo magazine and occasionally texting Ethan.

The whole afternoon is something I've never experienced before. Sure I've always had Ali and we liked to do each other's hair and make up, but this is more than that. I'm bonding with Joey's sisters in a way I never imagined doing. I almost felt like they were my own sisters.

"You have such pretty hair. I wonder what I would look like with blonde hair," Jayda says as she tugs and pulls.

"Blonde wouldn't suit you at all Jayda, you are way too pale," Jessica shoots her down.

"Your hair is beautiful and healthy, don't change it," I advise.

"I guess, it's sort of a Cameron trait isn't it. Dark hair, blue eyes. Except for Ryder. We sometimes tell him he must have been adopted," Jayda whispers the last sentence.