Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?

A shuddered breath left his lips. His hands began to twitch before he clenched them, trying to stop his hands from shaking. His hands cannot shake, not now. However, he felt amazing at the moment. He felt like he could do anything. The rush that flowed through his veins was addicting. He just had so much energy, yet there was this pressure on his chest.

His hand on the counter, he leaned on it and rubbed his chest with the other. It ached. Daniel knows why it hurt. Taking a deep breath, he pushed himself off the counter and looked up at the mirror. He is a mess. Daniel looked sickly pale. Dark circles were under his eyes with hues of purple. His pupils were large. It was evident that he was high. Anyone could tell by just looking at him in the eyes. Times like these are where he wished he had brown eyes. His face looked gaunt. A nice bruise forming around his nose from the punch. He has not eaten for about two days, at the moment. There was some stubble growing out already. Sleep was less than five hours. He has drank more than a bottle of liquor and has gotten his hands on drugs. He needs to fix his appearance, he can't look this disgusting. The pain in his chest began to go away. All that he could feel was the pressure of how hard he rubbed his chest. Nonetheless, it was all good now.

He washed his hands and dried them before stepping out. A smile plastered on his face. He felt better already. Daniel sniffed, still feeling the sensation. He rubbed his nose before heading out to see Tony. His hands swung by his side, feeling a bit cocky- chin up and back straight. Right now, he didn't care about anything. He still has some coke left, so he can save that for tomorrow or in the next few days. Since he doesn't know when he will get some more, he will have to save what he has at the moment. He probably shouldn't have used as much as he had. Whatever, what's done is done.

"Alright!" Daniel clapped his hands as he entered the room,"What are we going to do to set me straight -- well, off drugs because..." he chuckled. Nothing could set him straight.

He paused when he saw the redhead and the super soldier. The corner of his lips curl upwards in amusements as he looks at the newcomers. His posture showed that he was relaxed, even when there are two more individuals that are stronger than him. They are a threat. Everyone and anything is a threat, but letting it show that he is threatened will suck more on his side than theirs.

"I don't think we have been properly introduced, but I don't doubt that you guys already know who I am", Daniel shrugged as he slipped his hands into his pockets and walked towards the group, "and, I do not doubt that you guys are probably talking about me. I seem to be the hottest topic at the moment, which isn't really a surprise. I always seem to be the subject of attention". Daniel bit his lip to not laugh at his last words. Like he is ever the main attraction. Nope, that's Tony. He couldn't help but be sarcastic at the end.

Daniel walked to the bar to get another drink. Daniel didn't even look at the group, especially at Tony, as he poured himself a glass. He licked his lips before raising the glass to his lips. Looking up at his brother, he arched a brow in amusement as he watched Tony's expression. The jaw clenched and his gaze fixated on Daniel, glaring at the glass in his hand. That just amused Daniel even more.

"I don't know what you have gone through, and I can't image it", Steve began as he took a step towards Daniel, whose attention soon shifted to the assassin. His eyes practically lit up at the sight of her. He gave her a wink, but she did not react at all. That just amused him further. She is beautiful. He does have a thing for redheads. He downed his glass before he turned to the blonde. He also has a thing for blondes. However, he was not in the mood for it right now.

"No, you can't. So, I am going to save you some time from saying whatever motivational bullshit you have", Daniel retorted as he looked at Steve. He was dressed in grandpa clothing: a blue button up with short sleeves and khakis, yet he managed to pull it off. It seems that the old timer is not used to the fashion of today. "I am happy with I am doing. I know the consequences and all that bullshit".