The Great Pretender

"Come on, let's go" she whispered against his lips. Both pressed against each other. His hands on her waist and her arms wrapped around his neck. Pretty, blue eyes looking up at him with a teasing smile. Her eyes were solely on him as his on her.

Daniel pouted and pulled back slightly to look at her better. "Seeing Tony get drunk and give a speech? I can wait for Thanksgiving to see that". Shaking his head at the sight of that. He has had enough of seeing Tony drunk while giving speeches. It was obvious that he was intoxicated, but he still gave a speech on anything that he was working on.

"He's your brother"

"Yes, that's why I don't want to see him"

She rolled her eyes at his words before loosening her hold on him and turned around to walk towards their bed to take a seat. "Do you not want to see your brother, or is it that you don't want me to see him?", she arched a brow.

Daniel has been keeping her from meeting his brother. The last thing he wants is for Tony to do something that will offend her or him. There are times where he just wished he wasn't associated with Tony. He was fine with being known as Howard's son, not so much Tony's brother.

It doesn't help that when Daniel had a girlfriend, they would only be with him to get to Tony. Of course, he doesn't think that of her, but that was his own insecurities. He has been with her for a year already, so he doubts that she would leave him for Tony.

Sighing, he walked up to her and kneeled down, taking her hands into his. He looked down, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles as he gathered his thoughts.

"Tony...", Daniel began, "Tony is a dick".  Looking up at her, she looked at him with a hint of amusement at his choice of words. "He is selfish, irresponsible and narcissistic. He forgot my birthday when I was 14 and threw a party at the house to get all the Maxim models to come, for him" Daniel stated, raising his brows as he began to think of all the times Tony had failed him. He moved from the ground to sit beside her. She shifted to face him, giving him her complete attention.

"When I graduated from Harvard, he didn't attend my graduation. Rather, he was in Amsterdam with some friends, getting drunk and sleeping around" Daniel raised a finger, ready to begin listing all the times that Tony had failed him.

"He called me to get me to bail him out of jail, because somebody stole his wallet, so he couldn't pay his own bail"

"That doesn't sound too bad"

"I wasn't his first choice"

She grabbed his hands again and gave him a soft smile. "Okay. I think I get the point"

Pressing her lips together, she nodded. "Fine, we won't go", she agreed. She just wished for the brothers to be united, to be there for one another. Their relationship is too strained. "But, he is still your brother. I know he wasn't there for you, but don't you want to break the cycle? You be there for him and he will begin to be there for you".

Daniel sighed as he leaned back to lay on the bed. He thought over her words. It would be nice that their relationship wasn't strained. As much as he hates to admit it, he still loves his brother. After all, he did want to be like Tony growing up. Seeing him be this big figure in society and people loving him, especially the women, made Daniel admire the man. However, that began to spiral down when Tony wasn't there for him when he needed him.