Tenn-Ku Part: 2

I run back to the first boy, that I came into the bakery with. "I'm so sorry, that I had you wait! It was rude of me to leave you. Now, I'll buy you two packs of whatever flavored doughnuts you want. Thank you for waiting." I bow to the man. "Can I ask your name?" I ask, looking at him.

"Tenn-Ku," he answers.

I bow again. "Thank you for waiting, Tenn-Ku. I'm L/N F/N."

We reach the front of the line. I'm about to order, when I'm interrupted. "Three packs of mini chocolate doughnuts, please." It's Tenn-Ku's voice. I look at him. He just looks at the menu. Strangely, I feel like he's avoiding my gaze.

"Um, Tenn-Ku? Why are you ordering three packs of doughnuts?"

"Don't you want one?"

"Oh, let me-" I start.

"No. I'll pay for it."

I don't want to contradict him; so instead I stay quiet and just stand by him. Our bags of doughnuts come and Tenn-Ku pays 658.15 yen or six dollars for it. If you buy three packs of something, you get it at a discount. We go over to a table for two and start to eat.

Tenn-Ku pulls out a mini doughnut and takes a small bite out of it. I observe as he does. His eyes slowly trail up to meet mine. They're so hypnotizing... I hastily look down at my bag of doughnuts. I pull one out for myself and taste it. It's savory. I lick my lips. "Y/N," I hear Tenn-Ku speak.

"Yes?" I look up from my treat.

"You've got something on your chin. Let me wipe it off for you." Tenn-Ku leans over the table. He stretches out his hand and wipes frosting off of my face with a soft finger. I feel a warm blush start to develop. Hopefully I don't look red! "Now you're good." He sits back into his chair.

"Th- thanks," I stutter.

I look around the confectionery and see two boys talking to each other. One of them looks familiar. Is it Mitsu? And is that his brother? I continue to look around and see Ryun and the gentleman, who handed me the towel. They look like acquaintances.

Tenn-Ku must have noticed this because he says, "That was nice of you to help him. He's sometimes such a klutz."

I acknowledge by nodding. Then I reevaluate what he said. "Wait, do you know him?" I soon ask, realizing. The way he put it sounds like he knows him...

"We're acquaintances. Sometimes we stop here after work. But we have to be careful."

"I see." So mysterious.

Fifteen minutes later Tenn-Ku and I stand up from our seats. We say our farewells and I begin to leave. Tenn-Ku doesn't. Instead, he walks over to the people he knows.