Time Off Pt. 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

Timeskip brought to you by Wolfy learning how to dance.

The group reached their final destination of the main plaza and Wolfy can't help but wonder at the diversity of people. He saw two girl in a stand selling small white food things, a destroyer selling what seems to be clear wine of some sort, Akashi doing her thing, and of course the two stalls reserved for Eagle Union and Royal Navy giving out their own respective goods. However even in this beautiful plot of cooperation, there was the reminder of the conflict as Wolfy spotted to stalls, boarded up and graffitied.

Hoody: It seems Northern Parliament are still trying to sell their alcohol.

Javelin: Hey its Ning Hai and Ping Hai! Hi both of you!

The two girl selling the small white foods turned to Javelin and quickly ran up to her with some of the small white foods in hand.

Ping Hai: Hey Javelin! Want a bun?

Ning Hai: Ping Hai, we can't just keep giving buns out for free! We'll go bankrupt.

Ping Hai: Alright than.

With that Ping Hai quickly took a bite of the bun in her hand which sent Ning Hai berserk.

Ning Hai: Wait, don't eat the buns. We need them for the customers!

Wolfy: Buns?

The two girls looked at Wolfy with wide eyes in shock.

Ping Hai: How can you not know about Ning Hai's buns, they are the best food ever!

Ning Hai: W-Well they are ok...

Unicorn: I would agree with Ping Hai, they really are the best.

Ning Hai smiled at Unicorn's comment however Wolfy looked at the bun in confusion.

Wolfy: Eyes?

Ping Hai: They are pandas. An animal from our home land.

Wolfy: I see.

Wolfy continued to stare at the bun in Ping Hai's hands however was interrupted by Little Bel tapping his shoulder.

Little Bel: If you want we can buy you one.

Wolfy quickly snapped out of his stare and stood back up straight before giving Little bel a shake of his head.

Wolfy: No its fine.

Little Bel frowned at this and stepped towards the two sister, a wallet in her hand.

Little Bel: Six buns please.

Ning Hai: Of course!

The two sisters quickly got to work and soon came out with seven hot buns, all with a pandas face on them.

Ping Hai: Here you go!

Little Bel: Thank you very much.

Ning Hai: No problem, hope you enjoy them!

With that they handed off the buns for the money and soon scampered back to their stall to help the rest of the customers. Meanwhile Little Bel, Laffey, Javelin, Hoody, Unicorn, and Wolfy quickly walked near the fountain to eat their buns. As the rest of the group ate their buns Wolfy couldn't help but stare at it. Wolfy's life was mostly filled with rations as was the military standard  however the aroma of the meat and vegetables along with the texture of the bun fascinated him.

Javelin (mouth full): Are you ok Wolfy?

Wolfy quickly snapped up and looked at Javelin whose mouth was full of food.

Wolfy: Y-Yes, just....fascinated.

Javelin: Fascinated?

Wolfy: You all are in a military organization that is supposed to protect the world, but you have the freedom of the civilians you protect. You all have the power of machines, but you act human despite of that. It's just there are so many differences between here and the GAR. As far as I can remember, this is the first time in my life that I wasn't training, getting repaired, fighting, or doing anything for the war. And....it feels.....really......

Wolfy stopped on his last words, thinking about what his general might say to such time wasting acts however a part of him says that he should embrace it.

Wolfy (thought): Maybe. Just maybe life is more than war.... maybe more than what the Kaminoans or General Krell has told me.

Wolfy:.....

Javelin: Wolfy?

The rest of the group turned towards Wolfy with concern in their eyes, however Wolfy shook his head and he smiled.

Wolfy: Great. It feels great to do something other than war...

The girls looked at him with shocked faces at first however their emotions soon changed to one of joy. They all smiled as Wolfy bit into the bun and savored the taste before quickly coughing because of the heat of the bun.

Wolfy: Ah, hot!

Little Bel quickly brought a glass of cold water and Wolfy quickly cooled down his mouth before coughing again from drinking too quickly. After a few seconds of calming down, the group began to laugh. Wolfy, just recovering from his mouth being burned laughed along. Their chorus of voices filling the plaza as the clock rang its tune, signaling that a meeting has been called.