Curiosity

...

Imagine for Lovemonkey97 . Sorry for the long wait. Hope you enjoy.

This an crossover imagine with The Originals and Teen Wolf.

...

"Why are we here again?" Hayley asks, moving a hand over her small bump slowly as she follows the two vampires down the street. Klaus shakes his head as a car speeds by them in a rush.

"Yes, Elijah, please enlighten us." He comments, gesturing around when the trio comes to a sudden stop in front of a small art gallery. Elijah smiles.

"Curiosity." He replies simply, absentmindedly as he stares through the glass walls, remembering the way he used to picture buying this exact gallery from the previous owner. He turns back to Klaus with a faded stare. "Do you remember her?" He questions, confusing his brother instantly before he points towards the hand-painted sign to their left.

"Arica's place." Hayley reads aloud for them and then looks back to Elijah with a frown, which is met with a wide grin from Klaus.

"Arica Hale." He notes and pats his brother on the back lightly. "After all these years, brother, she still has you under her little spell." He comments, prompting an eyeroll from the well-clad brother.

"Who is she?" Hayley asks, looking into the gallery as well.

"An old lover, one could say." Klaus explains and smiles even brighter when the reply causes Elijah to roll his eyes. "Although Elijah has always been convinced that she was something more." He explains.

"But she left before anything could come of it." He says, pulling at the sleeves of his blazer. "It took me years to find her. I should've known that she'd come right back here. Back to where it all began." He explains and pulls at the glass door to open it, the little bell signaling his entrance. "Wait here." He says, a hand on his brother's chest to stop him from following.

"Don't I get to see what became of the ever-famous girl who got away?" Klaus questions, voice low as he goes to no trouble to try and hide his amused gaze.

"Niklaus."

"Very well, but I can't promise that I won't be listening in anyway." Klaus informs him and shrugs as he takes a step back. "I just want to be in the know." He adds, Elijah's reaction missed as he walks into the gallery, eyes taking in the many paintings scattering the walls, all signed with her own name and he can't help but smile.

"Derek is that you?" Her voice fills the small space as she calls out from the back room and if possible, Elijah's smiles grows larger. "You're two hours late." She adds and the sound of her shoes clicking against the tiles is the only other sound as she makes her way into the showing area of the gallery. Pausing when she sees the back of a man who is certainly not her brother, for he would quit frankly never be caught dead in a suit. "I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else." She says, voice shifting to sound more professional. Elijah smiles at the sound, turning around slowly.

"That's quite alright." He tells her and her face pales with the sight of his, years having passed since she last saw him and yet he looks exactly the same. From the subtle fold in the comb of his hair to the shine of his formal shoes. Elijah Mikaelson.

"Lijah?" She questions softly, voice quivering from her lips as she takes in every part of him, like he's another piece of art in the gallery, he could surely pass as such. "What are you doing here?" She asks, the initial shock fading into nervousness as she looks back to the backroom quickly, thinking he wouldn't notice.