I'm a mess

"Hand me the basket with the red ones?" I ask leaning into the trunk of the Jeep to make room in the back and I hear Stiles sigh from outside.

"This is kind of stupid, Y/n..." He comments as he gives me the basket looking from the red roses to me with a frown.

I smile briefly, ignoring him and placing them down before shutting the trunk behind me. "Are you driving or am I?"

"I'll drive, but Scott needs a ride as well so sit in the back." With another sigh he gets into the driver's seat and I throw my bag into the back before getting in as well. I lean back against the seat and another smile settles onto my lips as the sweet aroma of the flowers spills onto every inch of the car.

I can already see the annoyance in my brother's face as a result even if I'm not next to him. But that's not going to bother me today. Today is a happy day and we don't have many of those in this awful little town. So I decided to gift everyone in my classes with a rose and maybe it is silly and stupid, but it's something I can do. And I don't get to do something helpful very often either so screw Stiles and his oozing negativity.

"Hey Y/n." Scott hums as he gets into the Jeep and I look around realizing we're outside his house. "Happy Valentines day." He adds causing Stiles to groan.

"Not you too." Stiles mumbles looking down at the little box of chocolates on Scott's lap and I laugh lightly when a blush inches onto his cheeks. I grab one of the roses from the trunk and lean forward, popping my head up between the two of them.

"Happy Valentines day, Scott." I say while placing the rose onto his folded hands and he smiles happily as a result.

"Don't feel too special, she's got baskets and baskets full of them." I grip onto the side of my seat as we take a sharp turn, glancing back quickly to make sure the flowers are still upright. "Yeah, she's going to go around the school handing them out like cupid."

"Really?" Scott asks turning to see me. I nod and his smile grows. "That's a sweet idea, people need a little joy." He adds when we pull into a parking spot at school.

Stiles hands me the keys of the Jeep as he gets outs and Scott waves excitingly as the two head to the entrance leaving me alone in the back-seat. I wait a moment for the school bus to come to a halt before a whole bunch of freshmen jump out of the doors eagerly, running my way with a determined look on their faces.

"Take a basket each and carefully take them to the library."I place a basket into one of the boys' arms before turning to the rest of them. " I bribed the librarian to let me keep them there until break, where you'll meet me as soon as the bell rings to help me hand them out. Okay?" I question and they nod enthusiastically before each grabbing a basket and scurrying into the school.

My ringtone fills the air and I struggle to get hold of my phone in my bag before hastily swiping across the screen to silence the Marvel soundtrack blasting through the parking lot.

"Hello?" I ask uncertain, realizing I didn't check the caller ID before answering.

"Can I see you after school?" He questions and I immediately look around the parking lot to see if he's here somewhere and a happy giggle leaves my lips when I spot him leaning against his Camaro on the other side of the road, a single white rose resting between his fingers.

"Hi." I reply, my voice a little softer as the butterflies rush around in my stomach purely from seeing him. A smile traces his lips at my reply and I feel my heart drop from being the reason behind the little slip of emotion.

"I'll pick you up if you'd like. Or I'll send someone to come get you." He comments simply. "Either way, I'd like to see you today..."

"Oh yeah?" I question playfully and I watch as he averts his gaze to the ground with a sigh.