Part-III

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Virat was sitting in the Kohlis garden while scrolling through his phone, when somebody sat beside him on the bench. He looked up to see Ritika, his sister was smiling at him. Even though his eyes softened but look on his face remained cold and distant.

''What do you want'' He asked coldly not bothering to even return her smile.

Ritika's smile faltered for a second, hurt by her brother's behaviour but immediately covered with another beautiful but fake smile ''Mom and dad called to talk to us''

Without even replying he stood up and marched towards the mansion. Taking it as a sign Rits followed her brother catching up to him who was avoiding any kind of conversation or eye contact with her. They entered the mansion and went straight towards their 'parents' room. Vi knocked at the door.

Mrs. Kohli a.k.a Virat's step mom opened the door and let them in. The tension in air was really thick, so Ritika spoke up;

''Maa why did you called us here'' she asked 

She smiled at her daughter and replied ''wait first let your father come, he will tell you'' . Rits and Vi narrowed their eyes at her warm behaviour as it was once in a blue moon that it happened.

As soon as she finished her sentence, the door opened again and Mr. Kohli (Virat's step dad) entered. He briefly glanced at all of them then went and stood beside his wife.

''So I have fixed Ritika's and your's marriage with the Sharma's'' He said calmly waiting for their reaction.

Their both eyes widened at what their parents told them. Virat felt his shock replaced by anger

''What! What do you mean. There is no way in hell that I'm gonna do that. I'm not going to marry that snitches. I hate them....I don't want to marry her.''

''I didn't ask for your opinion .You are going to marry them and that's it. For once can you be like your sister. We didn't raise you for being an ungrateful brat''

Ritika who was silent till now spoke up not wanting to hear her brother's insult while Vi stood unfazed by his so called father's words.

''Papa .It's not like that, It was so sudden. I am sure he didn't mean it like that. Right bhaiya?'' she glanced at Virat who gave her an unreadable look and stormed off from the room.

Virat's POV

There is no way I'm going to marry in that family ever .They can't force me to marry anyone. I don't care whose idea it was to marry us to them. I am so furious right now .I don't know what they want. AURGH! .I was pacing around my room to calm my anger down, but it did nothing to calm my rage as I remembered my so called step father's words.

My train of thought was broken by a loud knock on the door 

''Come in'' I shouted loudly thinking that It was Mr. Kohli or his Wife who was at the door to convince me or more like force me into the marriage.

Ritika then came in taking weak steps towards me as if she was afraid of me. She stood in front of me few inches away and looked everywhere but me, afraid to speak up. I got the hint and spoke up ''I know what you are going to talk about, but we don't have to marry in that snitches family''. My voice was surprisingly soft as compared to my normal one.

''Umm bhaiya Actually I think we should agree to our parents wish .Maybe the Sharma's aren't that bad as you think. Our parents always want the best for us, so maybe giving a try won't hurt and I also think tha-"

I cut her in between Furious at her words. How could she even take their side!

''How can you support those Sharma's?. Just Bad!?nah they are the worst .How can you even think that they are some good people. They are disgusting''

''NO we shouldn't jump to conclusions at our own bhaiya, maybe it's just a misunderstanding .You were even so close with him''

That's it! I lost my control and shouted at her;

''Why are you so eager to defend that pathetic excuse of a family or maybe it was your idea to marry in that family because you are gold digger just like our so called parents. I thought you were different from our so called parents but no you as are as disgusting them. But you won't feel bad because you have your real parents and here my mom is in comma, don't know whether she would wake up or not. And my dad is nowhere to be found! You can't understand me!! Because you have your parents!! Your family ate my family!!"

I didn't get the time to realise what I was saying, because I got cut off by sobs .I saw Ritika her eyes red and teary. Realisation dawned upon me .My words were way too harsh. I felt like Shit and wanted to apologise, but it was way too late. I felt a Pang of guilt and pain in my heart when I saw her tear stained face.

She stormed out of  my room .I wanted to shout her name to make her stop and apologise but voice was struck in my throat. I couldn't even move myself. I stood there frozen at my spot thinking of what the future had in store for us. Even though I don't like my step sister but my words were really harsh. That's why I thought of apologising to her later at night.

But first I needed to do something about this marriage thing. I am not letting these gold diggers marry me or Ritika to those pathetic siblings.

 I am not letting these gold diggers marry me or Ritika to those pathetic siblings

To be continued....

Hope you guys liked the chapter!