Part IV

"So you are telling me that you need my help in convincing Bhai to say no to this marriage? Am I right?" A guy in his early 20's asked his two cousins in disbelief

"Yes for the 6th time ! We need your help in this matter please!!" Anushka pleaded and Rohit nodded in acquiescent.

"Guys! Guys! Are you serious on that one?"  The guy questioned again just to assure himself.

"Are you kidding me! What part of 'We need your help' you didn't understand Rah!!"  The guy was none other than Rahul Sheikh, cousin of Rohit, Anushka ,Jasprit and son of their dear aunt Jemisha Sheikh. Fortunately Rahul wasn't like his mother, in fact he always opposed his mother's selfish behavior. He had been close to the Sharma siblings and the Kohli siblings since childhood.

"I..And how am I supposed to help you guys in this matter?" The youngest of them said as he plopped himself on the nearest couch. The two siblings stared the boy as he made himself comfortable on the couch and lied down. 

"What!!" Rahul exclaimed when he saw them staring at him weirdly. 

"Nothing" Anushka sighed to herself, she pushed Rahul off the couch and plopped down on it.

"Hey!! I was lying down on it!"

"Exactly! A couch is to be sat on not to lie on"  Retorted Anushka

"And who said that?"

"Me!"

Rohit rolled his eyes at the two bickering like 5 years old. He decided to talk to someone who was sensible enough to understand his problem and was going to listen to him without fighting with the nearest person. Under normal circumstances he would have called his Bhai, but the problem was that this time his Bhai was the one who gave the marriage idea so calling him was not an option besides it was already midnight.

There were more people at the mansion his aunt, mum, dad and his brothers and sister. He hadn't lost his senses so he was not going to talk to his aunt. His mum already had too much in her plate; worrying about his dad's health had already taken a toll on her so he was not going to stress her more. Talking to his dad was near to impossible as the latter always chickened out whenever Rohit went into his room. His little sister and one of his brother were busy fighting downstairs, besides he didn't think that they were sensible enough to solve or at least listen to his problem. The next on the list was Hardik the second youngest kid in the household. Now Rohit wouldn't go and talk about any serious problems with that kid even if he was the last person on the planet. 

Last time he had asked Hardik for help, the latter had nearly gotten them arrested. Rohit practically shivered at the scary memory. The only person left on his list was his youngest brother who surprisingly was way more sensible than the other three kids. Rohit thought that talking to Jasprit was the best option so he went over to his room to have a nice chatting session with his little brother.

Rohit was about to knock onto Jasprit's door when he heard quiet sobs coming from his room. He got worried and opened the door hastily only to find him lying on the bed clutching his pillow like his depended on it.

"He is having a nightmare"  Rohit murmured to himself and went close to the bedside. He shook his brother trying to wake him up and succeeded in doing so. The younger kept on shaking and sobbing. Rohit hugged him tightly and whispered sweet nothings to the boy. Jasprit calmed down after a few minutes ,awkwardly pulled himself out of the hug and looked anywhere but at Rohit. Rohit got confused at his behavior and tried to hug him again only to be stopped by him.

"What's wrong" Rohit whispered as he held Jass's  face and made him look at him. The latter nodded his head negatively and mumbled "n..nothing"

"What's wrong kiddo?" Rohit tried again "Are you mad at me?"

The boy shook his head hastily in a 'no'. "Then?". The boy remained silent. "Why are you not letting me hug you bub?" 

"No reason"  It was said so faintly that it would have gone unheard if it had been daytime or if anyone else had been in the room. Luckily Rohit heard it and started again "Want to talk about It? Your nightmare?"

He looked expectedly at the other. Jasprit sighed and said "It was nothing Bhaiya, just a stupid dream about me being chased by some weird creatures, nothing abnormal about that...I mean they are common nightmares, not a big deal"  Rohit nodded in understanding and then spoke again "Okay then, Can I have my hug now?" opening his arms wide for his brother.

Jasprit smiled to himself and hugged him tightly. They kept hugging for a good 5 minutes and then Jasprit pulled out "By the way, Did you have something to talk about?" He enquired looking at him.

"Huh?"

"I mean you usually don't come barging into my room at 2 in the morning, you know" Jass expressed his thoughts "Oh! that..."  Rohit said in realization "Nah, I just felt like talking to you so I came here and found you like this"  He decided that it wasn't the right moment to whine about the marriage so he lied to Jass.

"Okay"  Both of them were lying on the bed by now with Jass pretty much strangling Rohit onto the bed. 

"You sleepy?" Rohit tilted his head asked Jass as the latter hugged his brother tightly.

"Not much" Jass replied placing his head close to his Bhaiya's heart.

"Then how about I tell you some weird stories of mine and Nush's childhood?" Rohit offered 

"sure!!" Jass excitedly replied and snuggled more into Rohit's embrace

"Okay then so Nush was in grade 3 and I was in grade 5......." 

And Jass spent his night listening and laughing to the stupid yet incredible things his siblings had done during their school times.