He brought his blade up to block her staff from splitting his skull open, his arm going numb and staying numb, and he cursed under his breath. Tommy switched his sword to the other hand and sliced at her, cutting the black fabric of her sleeve, and drawing blood. He instantly felt guilty as she fell back, giving a hiss of pain and wrapping the torn fabric around the wound. He heard a crack from behind him, like someone was trying to ambush him, and he whirled around, momentarily taking his eyes off the girl.

"Tommy?" someone called from the battlefield, the voice of Tubbo sending a warm ball of happiness through him. "Tommy, look out!"

He turned back around just in time to see a silver bo staff arcing down towards his head with deadly precision, about to cleave him in half. He flung his arms up to block, knowing they would be useless against the crushing metal staff, and closed his eyes, waiting for the pain to come.

A sharp clang.

Then nothing.

No pain, no more noise except for heavy breathing in his ears, a brown beanie in his vision, the cruel gleam of amber eyes. A long knife was held above him, blocking the bo staff easily, and holding it in place as Wilbur Soot looked back at him, a maniacal expression fixed on his face.

"Your welcome, Tommy.." he smirked as he kicked the girl back, driving his foot into her gut, twisting her staff out of her hand, making her land in the heather, collapsed, barely able to lift her head.

Wilbur turned and offered his hand to the blond boy, but he didn't take it, pushing himself to his feet by himself, ignoring Wilbur's small frown. Tommy grabbed his sword again, the pain in his body blocked out by the shock he'd felt when he almost died. Wilbur was stalking towards the defenseless girl on the ground, and she tried to back up, her arm bent at an awkward angle, but Wilbur casually placed a booted foot on her chest, stopping her. Causally, languidly, Wilbur gently reached down and brushed the hair out of her face with his knife, letting the sharp blade run over her skin, leaving a small trail or red.

"Wilbur, stop. Let her go. She's defenseless, and we have her surrounded." Tommy limped up to the tall man, flinching a little as Wilbur turned towards him, his amber gaze flinty. "Please, spare her. She's done nothing wrong."

Wilbur contemplated his words for a second, his knife inches from the silver eyed girl's face as she glared up at him, flickers of fear crossing her features. Up close, she looked so young, around fourteen or fifteen, just a bit younger than him and Tubbo, and she was trying to keep the terror out of her face, the pain of her wounds slowly getting to her. Her silver and blue eyes flicked up and fixed on Tommy, a small plea slipping through her facade of arrogance.

"Your right, Tommy." Wilbur stepped back, taking his foot off her chest, and she breathed in a deep gulp of air. "I'm not going to kill her."

Tommy breathed a sigh of relief, and laying on the heather, the girl did the same, and Wil just looked mildly unimpressed. He turned to Tommy, a small cruel smirk sliding onto his elegant face, and the blond boy felt a flicker of unease run through him.

The next words Wilbur said made his heart stop.

"You are."

The taller man slid his arm around Tommy's shoulder, and the blond boy felt his skin crawl from the touch as Wilbur shoved him forwards. The girl looked up at him, the pure terror back in her face, her eyes following his sword as Tommy looked back at Wilbur.

"What do you mean, Wilbur?" he asked the brown haired man, who rolled his eyes exasperatedly as Tommy took a step back.

"I mean you're going to kill her. Take your sword and just kill her right here. Do it." Wilbur saw Tommy's hesitation and leaned close to him, whispering in his ear. "You know what happens if you disobey me."