run

It was then.

The Titan all began screaming out, loudly.

“It, it’s the bear!”

“It’s the snow Bear!”

An snow Bear that had picked up on the scents of humans was slowly trudging towards the group.

These humans were its enemies that had invaded its territory. Obviously, it’d not look too kindly towards the intruders.

Growl….

The snow Bear bared its fangs, transparent-like-ice, and slowly raised its massive frame on its hind legs. It’s huge and hulking figure completely filled up the Titanss’ vision!

“Ah….”

The creature did resemble a polar bear, but it was almost twice the size, and the magic runes, the symbol of all monsters, could be seen in the middle of its chest area as if it was some kind of a proud emblem.

ROAR!!

It roared out furiously, the ground seemingly quaking under its might!

All the Titans, excluding me, all froze stiff on the spot after hearing the Snow Bear’s roar.

Sarah’s expression crumpled unsightly.

‘Oh, so we only need to be mindful of snow bears, was it?!’

How could anyone say that sort of nonsense after seeing that monster?!

She almost fell for my’s pretty convincing argument. But, upon seeing an snow Bear, she was certain of one thing.

‘We definitely shouldn’t have chosen the forest route!’

Sensing the approaching danger to the group, Sarah stepped out in front of the group and shouted out.

“I’ll draw its attention towards me, so everyone must… Kyah?!”

The scruff of her’s neck was yanked back by a considerable force, and she had to back step several times to make sure that she didn’t end up on her butt.

After somehow regaining her balance, she raised her head only to find me standing before her.

“Hey, what was that all about?!” i pointed at her. “I’m telling you this right now. I’ll be killing all the monsters from now on.”

For me, these bears were perfect health tonics to buff me and my Shadow Guardian  up for my inevitable showdown with the true enemies of this place, the White hunters.

“Hah?!”

Sarah couldn’t hide her astonishment.

‘Did he just yank me back because he wants to monopolise the monster?’

The other two male Titans, who so happened to be Mage-types, also stopped casting their spells in sheer dumbfoundedness.

“No matter how strong you think you are, that thing is a monster of a high-rank dungeon!”

Completely ignoring Sarah furious voice coming from behind me, i walked right towards the snow bear.

‘Well, it’s not going to be okay to use daggers for this one.’

The blood splatter would make a mess of things, wouldn’t it?

I had already summoned my two daggers almost out of reflex, but stored them back in my Inventory. Instead, i clenched my fists tightly.

‘Well, I promised to just observe, but this is an emergency, so I’m sure they’ll understand. Right?’

I  glare collided mid-air with the snow Bear’s.