Hoot

Now that he was done confirming his financial status....

I splurged on a nice-looking business suit at a department store. I still found myself with more than enough free time, so i stopped by a hair salon nearby and got a much-needed haircut as well.

"Hmm."

I had transformed into someone completely different compared to when leaving the apartment.

'This is why having money is way better than not having any.'

And they said that good clothes would become one's wings, too

I stopped by the front of a shop's window on the street and checked out my reflection for a bit, before shrugging my shoulders.

My preparation was as perfect as it could get.

'I'm sure I won't leave behind a bad first impression.'

I adjusted his clothes for a bit, before confirming the time through his phone. It said 16:20.

'I'm supposed to get there before five, right?'

If i got going now, i should arrive on time.

"Taxi!"

I grabbed a taxi and arrived in front of Sarah's school, with enough time to spare. And as luck would have it, i spotted Sarah standing by the school's front gate.

"Sarah-!"

Discovering her older brother belatedly, she gasped out in pure shock.

"Kai??"

Sarah's eyes became extra round like a rabbit's as she asked cautiously.

"Are.... are you really Mister Kai Del'a Saint?"

"Can't you recognise your own brother?!"

Sarah swept her gaze all over me with a stunned expression still etched on her face, her voice naturally rising higher.

"It's because you've changed so much, you know!"

"What, so you wanted me to show up in my tracksuit and slippers when meeting your new homeroom teacher?"

"Wow...."

Sarahstill couldn't close her slack jaw.

"Hey, your chin might fall off at this rate. Anyways, I'm going ahead. Okay?"

Since my sister didn't show any sign of guiding the way, i simply took the lead. year ago, i'm too was a student in this very school. I already knew its layout like the back of his hand.

Now normally, if teachers wanted to speak to the parents, then the meeting place would either be the staff room or at the counselling office. But today's matter involved Sarah's future career path, so 8 should head to the counselling office.

And so, Sarah's steps quickened.

"Kai! Wait for me!"

Sarah hurriedly ran after her older brother.

"Hello there, Mrs Raundia."

"Yes? Oh, uh, hello to you too."

While on his way, i greeted several teachers i ran into. All of them stopped in their tracks without exception, and took a look behind them, at the departing back of me.

'Who was that?'

'Is he a graduate from this school? But, there's no way I'd have forgotten about such an eye-catching student like that.'

'Is he a new teacher?'

It wasn't only the teachers who were looking at me, though.

"Wow, he's good-looking, isn't he?"