Chapter 27 : Stupid Rule

Start from the beginning

Kneeling down again, he squeezed out one of the ointments slightly―after seeing the name and checking some details. His bare fingers tenderly traced over the wound, just to make sure that he wasn't hurting when he applied the ointment.

"Does it hurt when I touch like this?" He asked, touching his wound―looking above.

"A bit," the elder said truthfully.

Jeongguk's gaze fell down again, making his touch even more softer―barely touching. The tingles got to Taehyung real good, as Jeongguk felt the elder shudder slightly under his touch.

"Now?" He asked. 

"I'm good," Taehyung said. 

The elder saw Jeongguk proceeding with his work, slowly. Taehyung looked away from him, trying to calm himself. He was suddenly overwhelmed―deep down he knew he wanted to treat that wound, and Jeongguk was doing just that. And Taehyung didn't even tell him. 

"I swear to god," the younger grumbled suddenly, taking the other by surprise. "Why didn't you tell me, hyung? I understand that we all are really relieved that Jimin hyung came back, but is this... is this necessary? You should've told someone, if not someone, you should've told me!"

Taehyung didn't really expect this sudden confrontation, as he had no choice but to keep quiet.

"Oh, what is this?" Jeongguk muttered under his breath, looking at another ointment. "I think this should do... But how do I do this right? Ah, why are the letters so small... But do you think this is the right medicine? I did the basic thing, but to heal completely, Jin hyung told me that another medicine should be added... Ah, what are you staring at? Help me!" 

Taehyung cleared his throat immediately, trying to ignore the warmness of his face. 

"I don't know either..."

"I knew it," the younger said, diverting his eyes to the medicine. "I think this is it," he said, before opening it, slowly. 

"Thank you," the elder said, in a low voice.

"No problem," Jeongguk said, absent-mindedly, as he applied the medicine slowly on the wound. 

"How'd you get this though?" 

"Uh, when Kang was beating up Jimin... I tried to stop him and he just, pushed me back and I fell on a rock," the elder said.

"Hyung, you're still learning to fight," Jeongguk said sighing, as he looked above directly.

"E-Even though, what do you want me to do? Leave him beat Jimin to death?" Taehyung said, ignoring the gaze he was getting from the younger.

Jeongguk stayed silent for a moment. 

"You did well," he said in a low voice, before diverting his gaze to the wound again.

"Thank you."

Jeongguk didn't respond to that, as he kept on applying the liquid on the wound. Taehyung had to control himself from wincing, it stung so badly. He fisted both of his hands tightly and kept his eyes closed, trying to forget the constant stinging in his torso.

"It will be uncomfortable, we can't do anything about that," the younger said softly, as he retreated his hands back---looking at the elder. 

"It's more than uncomfortable, it's paining," Taehyung said, opening his eyes. "I don't want that, go away," he said, trying to move away.

"No! No, you can't move now," he said. 

"No, no please. I don't want that medicine," Taehyung said---almost whined.