Chapter 6: Not Again

Damon is the first to pull away, but only to ask ”So, I take it you forgive me?”

“Yes, but will you promise me something first Damon?”

“Anything” He looks into my eyes now, with a look so gentle it makes you believe he couldn’t hurt a fly. Then you look at his body and see the truth.

“Don’t keep things from me, I don’t want secrets between us Damon because secrets only make complicated situations.”

“I promise Rose, I won’t keep anymore secrets between us now.”

“Good” I smile, and he smiles back. Then he leans in and kisses me softly. I put my arms around his neck and pull him closer to me, wanting him closer to me. In that moment I was starting to realize just how much I truly cared about him and how much I missed him.  

Probably noticing my struggle, he grabs me by the waist and pulls me closer to him. He pulls away from my lips and whispers to me

“I love you.” His lips graze mine with every syllable he speaks.

Just then I snap back to reality and realize what he just said. I didn’t know what to say, so I say the first thing that pops in my head…

“Th-thank you.” I stammer out the words. What did I just do? Did I just thank him! Oh my gosh, this is not happening right now.

I look at Damon, who gives me utterly confused look.

“Uhh, you’re welcome?” He says it like a question which only fills me with more remorse and embarrassment. I look away from him, not wanting to look into his eyes anymore. I don’t know why I didn’t say I love you, too.

All I wanted to do right now was crawl into a hole and disappear, forever.

He grabs my chin and forces me to look at him. I finally give up, and look at him. His expression isn’t disgust which what I assumed that it would be, it was loving and sweet which made me feel even worse at what I said to him. The thing is, I don’t remember everything about him, I only remember big chunks of things. Such as, I remember knowing him in the past because I saw him and me together with my mom , my mom was reading a newspaper so I saw the date. I remember vaguely Damon telling me to forget this happened. Honestly, I don’t really understand how he took my memory away in the first place, but it’s probably for the best that I don’t know. If I was in danger because I didn’t know, Damon would tell me that’s something I know for sure. I have so many questions for Damon but I think it’s best to wait until we’ve spent some more time together before I start bugging him with my questions.

I look at Damon and smile because of how sweet and understanding his expression is right now. I go on my tippy toes(he is like 6 feet!) and kiss him deeply, wrapping my arms around his neck. He grabs me by the waist and lifts me up of the ground so I wrap my legs around his body as he sets me on the kitchen counter. He pulls away and looks at me.

“We should stop.” I look at him with a puzzled expression.

“Why?” I smile and wrap my arms around him and softly kiss his neck.

“Because Rose, we just shouldn't.” He shrugs me off and takes a few steps back.

“Why’s that Damon?” I give him a daring look and I take a step towards him.

“It’s too soon.” He steps forward, closing the empty space between us.

"It's because I didn't say that I love you back, huh?" He glances at me then settles his eyes on to the ground. I cross my arms and look down, feeling so much remorse.