Chapter 18 - Cuddle Buddies

Start from the beginning

"Have you forgotten I'm probably the most powerful person alive? I can morph my body." Saiki explains.

"Oh yeah. I remember when you were a girl and you wouldn't let me touch your tits." I laugh.

"And there's the nasty pervert." Saiki sighs.

After many more quarrels with Saiki, we made it to the supermarket. Even though I was driving him insane I kept walking with him.

"What kind of sweets do you think y/n likes?" I ask.

"Don't all girls like chocolate?" He responds.

"Yeah I guess. That's so basic though." I reply.

"Sweets are not 'basic' you just don't understand the complexity of how amazing they are." Saiki says smiling at all the options.

Sometimes I forget he has emotions.

I guess he chooses to ignore my thought because he doesn't comment on it.

"Here what about this?" He asks holding up a heart shaped chocolate box.

"What is it Valentine's Day?" I ask.

"I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be the one giving out chocolate on Valentine's Day pervert. I chose it because of the heart and I've heard that brand is really good." He answers.

"Okay I'll get it." I say. "I thought you were just getting coffee jelly?"

"I was but then I remembered Akechi likes this cake." Saiki replies pointing to the cake.

"And? Since when do you give a crap about him?" I ask. "Are you being brainwashed by the sweets?"

"No." He says shortly and grabs both the cake and the coffee jelly and starts to leave the aisle.

"Wait for me!" I say following behind him.

...

Saiki and I parted our ways and I made my way back to the temple. I decided to write y/n a note to place inside the chocolate box. I had thought about getting her flowers but I didn't know if that would be too cliche so I didn't. After I finished writing the note I changed into comfortable clothes and got into bed excited that tomorrow night I'd have a beautiful girl to snuggle with.

POV: Y/N

It was Saturday morning. I know it was too early to already be packing an overnight bag for Reita's but all I've done is lie in bed for the past couple days. Actually having something to do is making me ecstatic. 

"Y/n, breakfast is ready!" My mother yells to me from downstairs.

"Coming." I cough back and set down my bag.

If this cough doesn't go away soon I swear-

I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen. My dad is home for once He's sitting at the table drinking coffee.

"Good morning honey." He greets me.

"Good morning." I say with a smile. 

"How's Toritsuka doing? He hasn't come over at all." My dad asks looking a little disappointed.

"I didn't want to get him sick so I haven't let him come visit." I explain.

"I haven't seen that boy since the vacation." He responds longingly.

"You guys barely interacted and now you're acting like you're childhood friends." I exclaim.

"We're besties." My dad says proudly.