"I'm afraid you're gonna have to speak up to him a little bit since his vessel lost pressure in Taanab." Mayfeld explains.

Hess looks to Lana and Mayfeld. Loudly, he says, "What's your name, Officer?"

"We just call him Brown eyes. Isn't that right officer?" Mayfeld sets an arm on Din's shoulder. From her peripheral view, she sees Din nods slowly. "Let's go fill out those TPS reports, so we can go recharge the power cells." Mayfeld begins walking away pulling Din with, Lana follows closely beside them.

"You're not dismissed." Hess says behind them. They slowly turn around. "You the tank troopers that delivered the shipment of rhydonium?"

"Yes, sir." Lana and Mayfeld reply. Din says it a bit slower, still uncomfortable with the fact he didn't have something covering his face. Hess walks closer, "Well, you three managed to be the only transport to deliver their shipment. He sets a hand on Din and Lana's shoulders. "Come with me, hmm? Let's get a drink." He slaps Din's shoulder, "Brown eyes."

Lana sits across from Din. She can feel his eyes on her. Under the table, she can feel the vibrations of his knee bouncing up and down. Lana knew he was anxious. She leans forward, resting one hand on her cup and the other on his shaking knee. He immediately stops, the tension in his knee slowly dissolving.

She lifts her head to meet his gaze. She nearly loses her breath. She sees the same brown curls she's touched before, the same lips that she kissed. He seemed so uncomfortable, even under her eyes.

She studied his face, falling in love with every feature. Lana gave him a weak smile, and he tried to smile back, but he just couldn't. He never knew this day would come. It seemed that both of them were content with his Way. He wondered what was going on inside her head. He never cared about how people look at him because no one ever saw the real him. He began getting self-conscious, he asked himself is this wasn't what she thought was under his helmet.

"What's your name Lieutenant?" Hess asks, pulling Lana out of her trance. "Katoa." She says instinctively. From across the table she sees Din's eyes widen. "Katoa..." Lana swallows the ball in her throat. Din feels his heart begin to beat faster and faster, the only thing keeping him from jumping out of his chair was Lana's touch.

"Well, Katoa, what should we toast to?" Hess says setting cups down in front of them. "I can blather on about 'To health' or 'To success,' I'd like to do something a little less rote." He says pouring the drink into their cups. Lana grips harder on her cup until her knuckles turned white.

"Where you from Brown eyes?" Hess asks Din. Before he can give him a response, Mayfeld speaks up. "How 'bout a toast to Operation cinder?"

"Now there's a man who knows his history." Hess smiles his evil grin.

"No, I don't just know it. I lived it. I was in Burnin Konn." Mayfeld nods.

"Burnin Konn? That was a hard day. I had to make many unpleasant decisions."

"Yes, you did. Entire city gone in moments along with everybody in it. We lost our whole division that day. Man, that was like 5-10,000 people."

"Yep. All heroes of the Empire."

"Yeah. And all dead."

"Well, it's a small sacrifice for the greater good, son." Din shakes his head at Mayfeld.

"Depends on who you ask, don't you think?" Lana turns to Mayfeld, Din stays with his head forward, looking down at his cup. She shakes her head slightly at Mayfeld.

"What you gettin' at, trooper?"

"All those people, the ones who died, was it good for them? Hmm? Their families? The guys I served with? Civilians, those poor mud scuffers, died defendin' their homes, fighting for freedom. Was it good for em'?"