5

" war "

Night fell over the village

Night fell over the village. Everyone found their positions for the attack. Lana was shoulder to shoulder with Omera.

There was silence among the village at all the stations awaiting Mando and Caras arrivial with the raiders close on their tails.

Before anyone knew it the two were sprinting inside to barriers. Behind them came a giant machine, the one Cara spoke about.

They dove into the pits the villagers had dug earlier and began the commands.

"Weapons ready." Cara shouts

Lana grows more nervous as the thudding of the walker continues toward them. In the trees shes sees two red eyes glowing, they were high, higher than Mandos ship. Lana swallows the ball in her throat and turns to Omera. She can tell how nervous Lana is. "We got this." Omera tries to reassure her.

The giant emerges from the woods, stepping closer toward the hole they dug earlier. "Almost there." Lana says to herself fervoursly waiting for the machine to plummet into the hole but she spoke too soon. It stops right before the pit.

It now stood looking over the village, waiting for something. It felt so eerie, having the machine look over the village, knowing it had the high ground over them.

Lanas breath hitched when a light from the machine began shining toward them. The light blinded her temporarily.

Omera and her hid behind the barricade. Lana tried rubbing her eyes and blinking excessively but it didn't make the spots in her vision disappear.

The light scanned over the entire barricade before it halted and fired on the village. It had a lousy shot but still did damage to the structures around them.

Lana felt the heat of the sparks fall around her.

After the shot, Lana heard framiler roars coming from beneath the beast.

Its them

The raiders began sprinting toward the blockade. Lana felt herself begin to tremble but fought her oncoming panicking.

"Open fire!" Cara yelled from infront of them.

There was chaos every where, guns blasting, raiders yelling, barricades being blown away. It was overwhelming to the girl.

Lana had her gun set on top of the wall with her eyes closed calming herself.

Mando turned back to her and saw she wasnt shooting "Use your anger Lana, use it dammit!"

Lanas eyes shot opened at the sound of Mandos voice and realized what he said to her again.

She nodded, taking a deep breath. She held the gun close to her body and began open fire on the incoming bandits.