6

" wanderlust "

Lana had never been to space before

Lana had never been to space before. She had only heard the stories her father would tell her, or the crazy made up myths the other children would pass around.

In the cockpit of the razor crest, she sat in one of the two passenger seats behind Mando. The child in its quickly made up booster seat beside her. They had to have been out of the atmosphere of Sorgan for at least half a day flying through space.

Lana felt her eyes start to feel heavy and her yawns began coming more frequently.

"Mando?"

Her and Mando hadn't spoken much since they left the village. Not because they were mad or anything, but Mando was not very talkative and Lana was still sort of afraid of everything around her because it was all brand new to her.

The second Mando heard her speak he put the Razor Crest in autopilot and turned completely around to face her.

"Something the matter?" He questions. Lana yawns again in response to his question.

"Would you like to go rest?"

Lana shrugs. She wondered if the great Mandalorian ever got tired, she never caught him off guard once.

Mando turned his head toward the sleeping child then back to her. "Follow me." he stands up from the leather pilot chair leading Lana toward the belly of the Razor Crest.

Just as Mando steps a foot outside the cockpit the ship was struck. Lana and Mando were thrown against the side of the hallway. Mando knew exactly what hit the ship. Lana pushed herself back into the doorway. Another strike to the ship threw her to the ground beside Mando's pilot chair.

Mando fought his way back to his seat among the turbulence. He couldn't even glance down to check on her as he was flicking switches and pressing buttons frantically trying to figure out how to get away from the attacker. Lana crawled back to the passenger seat, glancing over to the child who was awake and more alert than ever.

"Hand over the child Mando." The voice of the pilot of the opposing ship chimes in over the intercom.

Lana looks at Mando in distress. "Is this one of the bounty hunters? Why does he want the kid so bad?"

Mando doesn't respond to her amidst the oncoming fire he's trying to pilot around.

"I might let you live." The pilot says again.

Lana begins to feel terror as the ship is making increasingly loud sounds and sparks fly into the cockpit.

An alarm starts blaring as one of the engines is shot down by the pilot. Lana tried to lean back and close her eyes. She tries to imagine happy thoughts, not appending death.

I should've stayed home

Mando frantically is trying to do something to the ship to get the upper hand on their attacker.