After a moment, he dedicated to try and talk to Katsuko. Knowing you, which he did quite well, Bakugou could assume you'd need a few moments to yourself before you were ready to talk to him about what was upsetting you and how to make you feel better.

Katsuko was still in the hallway, her little frame was tense. Her hands were balled together and her brows were scrunched together. As Bakugou turned to look at her, Katsuko stiffened. But she soon crossed her arms and huffed, looking away from her father.

Awe... wasn't that attitude familiar?

Bakugou huffed, reaching down and grabbing his daughter by her arms. He gently tugged her with him and they entered her room. Bakugou motioned for her to sit on her bed. Katsuko did, but not without kicking a stuffed toy or two along her way there.

Katsuko sat on her bed in a huff and lightly glared at her father. Bakugou's frown deepened and he took a step forward. He leaned down, not looking at Katsuko at her height. His red eyes meeting hers, and he could tell that despite the attitude, Katsuko was worried about whatever was about to come.

"Your words about the baby were not acceptable." Bakugou started. "You made your mother cry, why do you think you did so?"

Katsuko shrugged. "She want me to want baby too...?"

Katsuko spoke with a disinterest on the topic. Bakugou sighed, seeing as the little girl knew that her parents wanted her to be excited about the baby, but was not. It was worse that she was being vocal about it, seeing as your pregnancy hormones were really kicking in these last few weeks.

"Katsuko." Bakugou spoke with frustrations in his voice. "Your mother thought you'd be a good big sister."

Katsuko huffed and lifted her chin upwards. "I am fine! No baby needed!"

Bakugou was reaching his limit. This stubbornness was one hell of a beast. Was he this bad as a kid? If so... he may have found some new respect for his mother and father.

"Why don't you want a baby?" Bakugou asked her.

"Yuuto says babies are bad!" Katsuko shouted suddenly. "They cry and scream, and smell like poopy! And they are bad! Bad! Bad!! Bad!!!"

She jumped off her bed and stomped her foot again. This time the stomping caused a few of the action figures and toys on her shelves to fall onto the floor. Bakugou didn't say anything, just watching his daughter.

So... the damn Todoroki brat had been saying stuff about his new little sister, huh? And Katsuko had internalized it to think all babies were bad.

Bakugou sighed, slowly reaching out and touching the top of his daughter's head. Katsuko stopped her little tantrum and looked at her father with tears of her own in her eyes. She looked so upset, but so scared at the same time.

"You know... you were once a loud, crying and smelly baby too." Bakugou told her. "But... your mother and I loved you anyway."

Katsuko blinked, her mind no doubt having not realized that little detail. Still, she was being stubborn. Katsuko crossed her arms and looked away from her father. At least she was causing an earthquake in her room any more.

"Your mother and I thought giving you a baby sibling would be good." He continued on.

"How?!" Katsuko sharply replied.

"Well for starters, you'd always have someone cause trouble with." Bakugou gently poked her cheek. "And someone to play with... not to mention you'd always be a good big sister, right?"

Katsuko blinked, having not considered any of this. Someone to play with when her daddy and mama were busy? She'd have someone to look after herself, like her parents looked after her?

"How you know the baby won't be bad?" Katsuko questioned him quietly.

Bakugou chuckled. "Cause you're not a bad kid. And cause both you and the baby are your mother's kids."

"Not you?" Katsuko gave her father a questioning look.

"Nope. I'm mean." He cracked a smirk.

Katsuko giggled and nodded. "You are! Very mean!"

Bakugou watched as Katsuko went off for a few minutes, talking nonsense. She looked to be back to her old self at least. Crossing his fingers, Bakugou reached out to his daughter with a knowing look.

"So... do you want to go and see your mother?" He asked the little ash blonde.

Katsuko stopped and gulped. She gently grabbed her father's hand and squeezed.

"I was mean to mama... and to baby." She whimpered, tears of her own poking through.

"Then you say you're sorry and ask your mother about the baby." He told her. "After all, your mother made sure that you were a happy and healthy baby. So she's making sure that your little sibling will be too."

"Mama can do that?" Katsuko blinked.

"Yes." Bakugou nodded. "Mamas are the ones who protect babies. She protected you and now the new baby."

Katsuko nodded and motioned her father towards the door. "I go see Mama, Daddy."

~~~~~

You sniffled, wiping the stray tears off your face. You felt utterly ridiculous for crying, especially since it was at the words of your little daughter who didn't know any better. But still, the mere idea of her not wanting to be the big sister to the baby was making you react in a rather immature way as well.

So much for always appearing as a responsible adult around Katsuko.

You laid down on your bed, hand on your stomach. As you laid and tried to contain your emotions, the sounds of your door creaking open made you gently sit up. You were happy it wasn't yet a struggle to do so, as it would be in the next coming months.

You had expected to see your husband at the door, but instead were greeted with Katsuko. She was hiding most of herself behind the wooden door. Only one side of her face was visible to you. Slowly she crept in and came towards you.

You watched her as she did so. Your eyes quickly flashed back towards the door, only to see it closing. So... he was scheming something. And it looks like he was trusting Katsuko to make up with you all by herself.

Katsuko climbed up onto the bed with you, needing to jump upwards for a bit in order to do so. But after a moment of struggling for her, she crawled towards you and laid her head onto your stomach.

Her tiny hands gently touched your stomach. Her eyes are looking up to you. Her carmine hues flashing with a few sparks of determination.

"I protect baby too." She spoke to you in the most serious tone she could muster.

"H-huh?" You blinked, caught off guard by this one-eighty from her.

"I am gonna be good big sister and protect baby like mama!" Katsuko cried, throwing her arms open wide.

You smiled gently and took your daughter into your arms. Katsuko cuddled into you, making your heart squeeze. Katsuki was a miracle worker with her, it appeared, and you couldn't be happier.

"Thank you, Ko." You whispered into her ash blonde locks before planting a few dozen kisses onto her.

"Mama work hard for baby... so I will too." Katsuko muttered, looking up at you with a smile. "Mama is a good mama."

You hugged her close, a few more tears dropping from your eyes but this time you felt ecstatic. The passing fear of having made the wrong choice with having another baby passes and you too could feel the same excitement in Katsuko coming into your own heart.

The night was filled with Katsuko asking lots of questions about babies and you answering them as best as she could. The little girl got more and more excited as you told her more about babies and some tales of what she was like as a baby.

By the time Bakugou deemed it safe to come and check on mother and daughter an hour later, he was greeted with the sight of the two of you in bed cuddling and fast asleep. He sighed gently, pulling a blanket over you both and deciding to let you both rest for a little longer.

His family was happy once more, and all felt right in the world to him.