Newborn (Part 2)

Newborn

"This way! This way! Bring him this way!" Katsuko excitedly chanted.

She waved her arms happily, pointing to the room she stood outside of. She jumped up and down a few times, watching as her parents followed her directions. In the arms of her mother was her baby brother.

"This is your room, Katsuro!" Katsuko cried out happily. "Look at all your new toys! They are so so fun!"

You giggled softly, seeing as your daughter was much too excited. She seemed more interested in Katsuro's room than the baby boy was. Soon, Katsuko was pointing out everything and anything, sometimes asking you or Bakugou what the name of something was. Her little tour of Katsuro's room ended with the stuffed toys inside his crib.

"This used to be my baby bed! Now it's yours!" Katsuko smiled, coming towards you. "I also got to pick out- THIS!"

She raised her voice for a moment and then quieted down. Her little form digging through the various blankets and stuffed toys in a chest until she found what she was looking for. Katsuko bounced back over to you and held up the toy for her brother to see.

"Mama and daddy got me Elly! And they let me pick out Tigey!" Katsuko explained, showing off the tiger plush to her brother. "I'm an elephant and you are a tiger! We both are aflicka animals!"

"Africa." Bakugou corrected her.

Katsuro didn't stir as Katsuko continued to talk to him. The little one content in your arms, sleeping happily. He had been calm and sleepy since you and he were dismissed this morning.

The stay at the hospital had been much longer than when you had given birth to Katsuko. Between your infected quirk, Katsuro's own health, and the general pain after giving birth, you had been held for three more days than last time... making it a total of five days.

Luckily, with some medication, your quirk infection was nearly gone. And Katsuro had not gotten any sort of affliction either, making him free to leave when you were. Your daughter and her father were quite impatient the last few days, waiting for mother and son to come home. And now that you both were, it seemed all was right in the Bakugou household once more.

"Can we play?" Katsuko asked you, pulling gently on the ends of your shirt.

You shook your head and smiled sadly at the little girl. "I'm afraid Katsuro's too little to play. But... he'll be big enough to play with you soon. Until than, you'll be a good big sister, right?"

Katsuko nodded her head energetically. "Yes! I will protect him! And teach him! And I'll even make sure he do not cry!"

"That-a girl." Bakugou praised her, rubbing Ko's blonde locks.

The affectionate rub earned a happy laugh from the girl. Bakugou turned to you as Katsuko ran back to the crib and started to try to find the perfect place for Tigey to go. His hand touched your own locks of (hair color) and gently moved through them.

"How's your head?" He asked, worry laced in his voice.

You smiled sweetly and adjusted your hold onto Katsuro. "I'm still a little woozy, but since I'm fine holding Katsuro... I think I'm stable enough."

Bakugou nodded his head. "Good. Wouldn't want you slacking off with the newborn."

You rolled your eyes. "Oh please. Can't you once admit you were worried about me?"

"Me? Worried about you?" He huffed. "Please, woman. Who the hell do you take me for? Deku?"

You hummed. "Well... you certainly scared Juba when you showed up at UA when I went into labor."