Week 10

Ch.2 - Week 10

Bakugou Katsuki was a lot of things: brash, rude, loud, slightly arrogant, and a force to be reckoned with if you had the displeasure of being on his bad side. But he was also observant... and could tell when something was up even in the slightest amount. If you had tried to put even a tablespoon less pepper in a dish, he could tell it simply by the smell. For someone he tried to make himself seem like he only cared the most about himself, he had a talent for being able to know when something was up with the rare person he interacted with on a regular basis.

And for the past week... he had been having major vibes that something was up with you. So much so that he was beginning to get annoyed that you had yet to relay the information to him. He'd be putting it bluntly if he said you were practically an open book to him, seeing as you didn't mind telling him about the weird dream you had last night after having finished telling him about how the pond at the nearby park had a new family of ducks in it. You blabbered about anything and everything to him because you liked talking to him and hearing his opinions on everything and everything. No matter how foul his words were.

So the past week had been something quite hard for him. His job at the agency was finally starting to become more regular, and he was seeing you more often than years ago, but that still meant he was gone for long hours on the weekdays and on call during the weekends. So... whenever he did have his time with you... he really tried to do something with you. If anything, sit on the damn couch with you beside him and watching some bad movie.

Yet you had been more absent-minded this week, on top of the sudden need for a lot of personal space and longer hours at UA. He honestly didn't think much of it at first, seeing as it was just after the summer break and you needed to start your lesson plans for the final six months your first years had this year... and also trying to make sure you'd be asked to teach them as second years come next year. So he assumed it to be work on that Friday when you were gone into later hours and went straight to bed when you got home.

The next day, Bakugou had scored a Saturday off. And he wanted to go for a hike with you. It had been a while since either of you had done so and he was excited to get some fresh air with his wife by his side. And that was the plan until you ran out of bed before he was even out of bed... vomiting. He spent the rest of the morning chastising you for eating take-out food last night at work and put you on bed rest for the rest of the day.

Sunday he got called in early for a mission and was back by the afternoon. He had gotten to see you that day... but from how spacey you were and how he could barely get a full conversation out of you... it was clear you were on some other planet and not with him in the kitchen trying to make up a dinner menu for the week.

He tried to tell himself you had just been sick over the weekend with that 24-hour bug, but... then it continued on all through the week. This weird spacey look and your mind being somewhere except where it should be. In usual Bakugou fashion, he had tried to blow off the steaming frustration at work, but his anger was fueled by his worry for you after all. And he had reached his breaking point of this Friday night a week after he had originally started seeing these strange changes in you. And he was going to do something... whether you liked it or knew of it with your space cadet mindset at the current.

"I'm taking you to the damn doctor." He told you, taking the spatula out of your hands, seeing you starting to burn the stirfry.

"What?!" You suddenly were paying a lot of attention to him. "Why?!"

He blinked, giving you a raised brow. You looked terribly nervous now, refusing to make eye contact with him for the moment, twiddling your thumbs and trying to pretend like you were not about to burst into the sweats at any moment. Something was definitely wrong with you... he knew that much for sure.