12

I pack my bag; stuffing it with clothes, I talked to mother for an hour, convincing her I'm training for the Hunter exam and telling her I was okay and staying away from Hisoka. She rambled on and on about father being mad at me, how he was mad I ran away at night.

   Mother was always forgiving. My mom always knew I was a good person, I am a good person.

   I needed to find somewhere else to go, Chrollo needed to meet with his fellow thieves. He and I talked while I tidied up his room. He tied on his bandana and I slipped on a sweatshirt. "Where do you plan on staying? You could always come with me." I shake my head.

   "No, I'll find somewhere." I proclaim. He shrugs.

   "I'll drop you off at Hisoka's." He cheeses and I sigh.

   "Drop me off where the hunters exam is held, please." His eyebrow raises in shock.

   "The bad girl ready to save the day?" He picks up my bag, "I didn't take you as the type..." I shake my head in embarrassment. I needed to become a hunter, it was time for me to make allies and find friends.

   "If you insist Y/N, but if you choose not to, I can show you around my ropes." He leads me downstairs and I follow him closely. We get into his car and speed out of the driveway.

   After the somewhat long drive, we reach Zaban city, it was beautiful, she shoreline lightened the city and the people looked so happy and cheerful. Shoppes lined the roads and the sun made me feel warm.

   I had a tight white cropped tank-top with a black tennis skirt and my classic white knee high stockings. My black short boots mad me a few inches taller and my hair hung down to my waist, I walk into the secluded but large cement looking room leisurely. People of all ages, and sizes were there, not to mention more men than women; but that was besides the point. I knew I was going to beat it easily, father warned me a little of what to expect, but he refused to say more.

   I walked further within the crowd of kibitzing applicants, men looked at me and stared. I smile happily and waved. It was obvious I wasn't as tall, or strong looking as some of these people here. But They were in for a pretty big surprise.

   "Hi there! Here, you must be parched, take this as a token of my kindness!" a weird, stubby looking man stands in front of me, I stand in front of him unsure of what do do, he held out a can of juice. I smile cheekily.

   "Well aren't you sweet!" I take the can from him and crack it open. I smell it, and right as I'm about to ask him why it smells funky; I see a framiliar man smack it out of my hand. My pulse doubles. I snap my head towards where the hand came from.

   "Hisoka? Seems I can't catch a break from you!" I shout in his face, people gasp and he smirks, his eyes shoot left and right.

"Well look who it is," he sings, "I would hate to see you get sick over this sad mans drink." He points to the spilled can.

"What are you even talking about?" I ask him.

"There's poison in it." He smiles and my eyes widen, this mad was attempting to poison me? My face turns red and my eyes turn red, so this is what people are like?

"You? You little shit, poisoning me?" I stomp over to this excuse of a man and grab him by the collar of the shirt and lift him up.

"N-no Ms.! Not at all! I didn't know!" He struggles to speak. I slam him on the ground and the sound echos through the room. Dust flies up and he begins to cry and flails around before running across the room. People stare at me with wide eyes and Hisoka stands near me with the biggest grin on his face.