9•

I shouldn't have come home.

I sit in the large office with father. He stood over me and I could hear his angry, deep breathing and my head hung low. I should've known that Mikami and Tosu would tell father and mother about the bitemark. He asked me to see the mark and I tried to refuse as long as I could until father, Tosu and Mikami held me down and looked for themselves. Mother examined it and I lied on the couch in silence.

"Who is it?" Father demands to know. I close my eyes and pretend that it's not happening, "If you don't tell me I will ensure you never set foot out of the house again." He grabs my jaw.

"Do you want to tell them or should we tell them?" Mother's eyes fall onto Mikami.

"You know!?" Father roars. I mumble under my breath and push my father away from my face.

"I'm not saying shit!" I shout and attempt to leave my fathers office. I feel the sudden use of nen wrap around me and force me to sit back on the chair. "It's not like you make it easier for me to tell you!" I yell. Mother shakes her head and father paces around the large oval table with his had on his forehead. His eyes were shades darker and I knew he was just absolutely furious with me.

"Alright fine with us, Tosu?" Father peers over to him and my brother.

"Mikami; you need to tell us now." Mother stands up.

The two boys glance over at each other, "it was Hisoka." Mikami scratches the back of his head. The silence was so loud. The ringing in my ears loudened as it went quiet amongst my family.

"Are you fucking serious?" Father howls. I flinch and hiss under my breath.

Mother gasps and her hands fly to her mouth, "Y/N!" Mother slaps me across the face.

"Well that was a little callous..." I mumble under my breath.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I was harsh, but I didn't make a fool of your family!" Mother shouts sarcastically. Her tone full of disappointment and fury.

"You act like I murdered someone!"

"You listen now; and you listen good." Father grabs me by the throat and brings me inches away from his face, "I will find Hisoka, I will rip all of his limbs off of his body." I gasp, and my eyes widen.

"But I will not. I will be finding him and talking to him. Ensuring he is not allowed to even look in your direction." He sighs and I try to force my body to stop being so tensed up. "You are not to leave this house for the time being; focus on your studies." He walks out of the office, slamming the door behind him. Mother rises to her feet and quickly follow behind him. I didn't even realize Tosu and Mikami had left the room.

I was alone. Who could I go to in the first place? Not like I have any friends to begin with.

I leave the office and start to plot my escape. I walk into my room and I notice my windows have large nails protruding from the sides. Well isn't this nice of them.

Where could I go? I could sleep at the building where I train. I could sleep in the park for the night. I knew my parents realized I was planning on leaving. I know they won't do anything about it besides try to stop me. It will be much easier to leave if father weren't here.

I rack my brain. The bathroom window? The small vent in my closet? The front door?

I was not prioritizing, or thinking rationally. I hit myself in the head a few times. I run to my bedroom closet and grab my duffle bag, stuffing clothes and everything important I needed. I really tried convincing myself not to go to Hisoka's. That's probably where father was right now.