1 1 n e v e l e

| E L E V E N |

no kiss

"Baby, will you stop crying, see I'm okay, it doesn't hurt"

With tears all over his eyes, Yian warily looked at his Papa before touching the other's forehead.

"You're still so warm, Papa, I'm scared"

The following morning Xiao Zhan had woken up way earlier than he usually did, his head had been giving him a hard time the whole night. Thinking a quick shower would help him ease up, he had gone in for a wash but not long after he had left the bathroom, the man had almost fainted.

Given the sudden fatigue, there was no way he could go to college nor drop Yian off at school, Lulu had left for a field visit the day before so there was absolutely no one to help, he had no choice but to stay put at home alongside his worried little bunny unceasingly wailing over his Papa's misery.

Unlike the situation at present, just hours ago, the duo had ordered congee from a family restaurant nearby and Yian being the helpful kid had picked it up from their door, he had clumsily served his Papa the piping hot dish and eaten it well himself but right now the situation had turned pretty chaotic, Xiao Zhan's fever had gotten worse, while the scared little boy just wouldn't stop crying.

The man slowly stretched his hand out to touch Yian's hair but the latter held him up instead.

"Papa, don't hurt"

The kid's eyes were puffed up, with a tear-stricken face, he looked so pathetic.

"I already took the medicine so I'll get better soon, just go out and play, stop worrying, hmm?"

Yian immediately shook his head.

He loved his Papa too much to leave him alone but who'd tell the naïve little bun that his Papa wanted to sleep and with him being around like this, the man wouldn't even get a wink of it.

Xiao Zhan sighed, he was about to get up and accompany his kid to the playroom when the doorbell suddenly rang.

"I'll get it"

Yian quickly wiped his face off before running out.

"Baby no, don't open the door"

Xiao Zhan's legs were weak, he was almost about to fall but he still helped himself up the bed and ran out.

He had no idea who had come, they rarely had visitors over so who was it? He couldn't help but feel sceptical.

---

Yibo was in his car, hands over the steering wheel, his whole body was growing cold.

The argument two days ago had scared him to death, sure it had but today he was feeling even worse. His Dad had granted him a week to get Yian and Xiao Zhan to meet him, despite the absurdity of the request, Yibo had no choice but to comply.

He watched as another car slowly swerved into the parking lot, he was inside Xiao Zhan's building premise, his eyes were heavy from all the sleepless nights that he'd spent thinking and only thinking.

After a while of contemplation, Yibo finally gathered the strength to leave his car and walk his way inside. The lift was moving way faster than he had wanted it to, how he wished he had not known their address, how he regretted every fucking decision he had made but he couldn't back off now, could he? he couldn't run away now, could he?

As he stood in front of Xiao Zhan's door, his eyes grew even heavier. He checked the time on his watch, it was about one, he had no idea if the other would even be home but his legs had stupidly led him here. Slowly lifting his hand up, he rang the doorbell, and in about what felt like an eternity the door clicked open.