Chapter Twenty-Six

As Aslan had promised, we sailed faster than ever before, back to Narnia after stopping at Narrowhaven to return the people taken by the mist, the wind was on our side.

When we arrived into the harbour of Cair Paravel there were lines of Telmarines and Narnians, waving flags and cheering. Caspian and I stood at the bow of the Dawn Treader and waved proudly.

We disembarked and two horses were saddled, waiting for us to ride them to Cair Paravel.

"Race you?" I challenged.

"Through the streets?" Caspian raised an eyebrow.

I looked ahead and it wasn't too crowded. Everyone was down here. "No one is around."

"Fine, but if I win...you have to wear a dress to tomorrow night's ball."

"Deal." I answered quickly, with great faith in the horse I was riding.

Caspian smirked at me. "Ready?"

"Go!" I kicked my horse into a quick gallop, laughing as the wind blew through my long, orange hair. The gates of Cair Paravel were insight. Not much further. Just as I was about to reach them, Caspian flew straight past.

"How?" I squealed, slowing my horse.

Caspian laughed and shrugged. "I was born a winner."

"Shut up!" I pouted and dismounted.

"Your Majesties have returned!" Glenstorm exclaimed, trotting out of the castle.

"Indeed. How was everything while we were away?" Caspian asked.

"Splendid." Trumpkin answered, appearing behind the centaur.

Caspian and I smiled and we walked through the golden doors. The staff were lined and clapping for us, making my smile grow, but deep down my heart was still hurting.

"Congratulations, your Majesties." Drinian had walked in after us.

"We couldn't have done it without you, Drinian." Caspian grinned.

"Thank you Drinian." I walked forwards and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

"You are coming to the ball tomorrow night, aren't you?" Caspian asked.

"Of course, sire." Drinian answered.

"Well you're in luck, Alex here, will be wearing a dress." Caspian winked at me. I jabbed him with my elbow and he flinched.

"Is that so?" Drinian chuckled.

"Unfortunately." I glared at Caspian, who was still smiling happily.

---

"King Caspian, the Tenth and Noble, and Queen Regent and High Knight Alexis, the Fearless!" The guard announced. The doors opened and Caspian and I walked into the grand ballroom. I was in an uncomfortable, itching, pale blue dress, the colour grew darker as it neared my feet. My hair had been curled into a bun and small, white roses were tucked into it. My gold crown rested on my head.

Caspian wore a fine beige and gold tunic with gold embroidery. There was a brown belt around his waist and Peter's sword hung by his side. He also wore dark pants. His hair was let down and sat just above his shoulders. He too wore his crown.

The guests from our neighbouring kingdoms, the crewmen, Drinian and staff invited, applauded our entry. We walked to the end of the room and to the steps, giving us a high level to be able to address our people.

"Welcome!" Caspian exclaimed.

"Thank you all for coming, it is an exciting opportunity to hold such a ball, we are pleased to be home." I added.