ch11. His Amaryllis

Dila's pov:

"We all want to know who is the mystery grandchild of Maxwell Black. We heard the tragedy of what happened to his son. The Remo and Juilet... the story of two young lovers who were separated and killed, their child lived long and now is becoming the CEO of Black's series." I sat at the office with Maxwell looking at the T.V. everyone was thrilled to know who am I.

"You afraid?" Maxwell asked. "Yes, I am. Ever since you announced it." I said truthfully. My family fought on what the last name should I get and I decided to go back to my parent's last name. Clive, Maxwell wasn't happy but I wanted this. At least before I get married again. Tomorrow is my graduation and I am excited and nervous. "Don't be, after you graduate... you will come here and I will introduce you." He assured me and I nodded. "So, we were at this file..." he said opening it again. He was teaching me all the deals he made and all the investments. I need all this information to be ready.

I searched through the files and a file caught my eyes. "This called Hawk?" I asked Maxwell. "Yes, but it's trash now as I cut the deal off." He informed me. I opened the file and read it. "Why did you cut it?" I asked him. "Because he hurt you!" He said in a duh tone. I shook my head. "You should not get your emotions into business," I advised and he laughed. "Let me tell you this, you should not let your emotions into business if it hurt you. And never let your enemies know why you cut the deal if it's because of emotions." He nodded at me. "So they won't know your weakness." He grinned and I cheered. "That is so good."

When we were done, I went back home. I saw Ashton feeding Xavier. "Hi..." I said as I kissed Xavier. "Hi... how was your day?" Ashton asked. "Good," I replied shortly, I didn't tell him about my grandfather, he had no idea and he thinks I am at my uncle's company. "So... are you excited for Tomorrow?" He asked me. I nodded. "Finally," I said heading into my room. I changed into PJs. "Where is mom?" I asked shouting. "She went home saying Mason has broken something," Ashton replied. "Oh, I'll call her," I said and dialed her number.

"Yes, babe?" Mom said nervously. "Is everything alright?" I asked her. "Uh, yeah... everything is good. Why?" She asked me. "Mason, where is he?" I asked her. "At your uncle's house, he is sleeping over." She said. "Mom, you okay? You sound breathless." I asked worriedly. "Yes babe, she is busy... we are busy," Dad shouted from the background, my face heat up. "BYE!" I yelled and cut the call. Oh, they are celebrating your graduation... nice! Do you think you should too?. My mind thought and I sunk to the floor. "No, I am perfectly happy with this," I said and faced palm.

"You okay?" Ashton came inside with Xavier. "Yup, perfectly fine," I said as I stood up from the floor. Ashton put Xavier in his crib. Then he circled me with his hand. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "I have a surprise for you..." he started. "You don't have to do anything." I declared. "No, I have to-"

"Your company is still in a bad situation until you figure out a solution," I suggested. "No, I can handle my company." He said assuring. "Ashton, I know I might hurt you if I say this... I have experienced it myself. But, do you need money?" I asked him. He sighed. "Please, don't ask me again... just don't." He said I rest my head on his chest. "So, we will go for a week to Hawaii." He announced. "Oh..." I said, he stared down at me. "You don't like it?" He asked me. "No, it's just... I have something to do after graduation and I need to be here." I said and he nodded. "Okay, then whenever you ready or have time, I'll book again for us." He informed me. "Ashton, I am sorry," I said and he shook his head no. "It's fine.. don't worry." He said and left me.

I went to bed and thought about him. I could not sleep. I glanced at Xavier who was not asleep too. "Let's go check on daddy," I suggested and he looked at me dumbfounded. I picked him up and went to the living room. He wasn't there. I thought he might be in his room. I went there without knocking.