Last chapter.. The love of Ric and Sal

Start from the beginning

He was, had been and would always be in love with Godric Gryffindor.

"Sal, are you coming? I want to go somewhere with you!"

Five hours later Salazar was not sure how he felt. He had not expected some overly romantic gesture, he knew Godric was not exactly what you would call a romantic. The red head preferred to rather do things that he knew both of them would enjoy than what society's view on romance expected them to do.

Still Salazar had expected a date. Not a muggle holiday parade. But maybe that was too much to ask yet. For all his boldness and courage when facing monsters, Godric was way too careful and gentle when confronted with Salazar. Always worrying that he would somehow hurt him.

The disappointment was great, sure, but it paled compared to the adoration and affection, the love, Salazar felt when watching Godric weave through the crowd just to look for him, all the while carefully balancing a tray of Mexican food and cool beverages on one arm, while pushing through the people masses with the other.

Cinco de Mayo had no real significance to British wizards. To the French it was a day they thought to forget, since it was one of the days where they lost one of their greatest potion ingredient suppliers. While it was not the Mexican Independence Day, many Mexican wizards and witches around the world celebrated it as a day for their cultural identity. Still it was a great way to cut loose and enjoy themselves.

And the food was fantastic. It was not the first helping of Mole Poblano Godric had bought for them and it probably would not be the last.

Another five hours later Salazar was stuffed with Mexican food and carrying a drunken Godric back into their home. Collapsing on the couch, he tried to pry Godric out of his clothes – for not completely altruistic purposes – but only managed to free him from his jacket and shoes. The dress shirt had gone off before they started walking home when Godric had claimed it was "too hot" and had almost tossed it into a trashcan. That had been the point where Salazar realized his friend (husband – shut up, stupid inebriated brain!) was way drunker than he had let on and had decided to drag Godric home.

So now the Lion of Gryffindor was sprawled on their spacious couch in jeans and a thin cotton sweater that did nothing to hide his body. And Salazar – whose emotional control had been off for hours – was drunk.

He would later reason that his alcohol-induced mind had been responsible for his decision, because without any further ado he took off his shoes and jacket too, laying down beside Godric, maybe even snuggling a bit.

"Dear heart please stop getting involved in everything. Your job is to pump blood. That's it."

Unknown source

It was in the wee hours of morning when Salazar was awoken again. Godric's jade green eyes glowed like emeralds in the pale pre-dawn light. Everything else was toned out by a filter of blue.

Green eyes were clear and focused, telling Salazar that his friend's mind had been cleaned of the alcohol. But knowing Godric like he did, it still meant that his friend's barriers were lowered and he would be completely honest.

And that he would not remember a thing from this moment when he woke up the next time.

Still Godric said: "I love you."

"You won't remember that you said that come morning."

"Doesn't matter. Doesn't change a thing. I still love you. And I cannot even remember a time when I haven't loved you."

Salazar's breath hitched. He had thought the same often enough for the last 24 hours. Actually he thought that every day, but not as prominent. But if he told him, Godric would not remember. So he did the logical thing:

"Sleep, Godric."

"Maybe. I just want to look a bit more at you though. Don't know when I get the chance to again."

"You can always look at me." You can ONLY look at me.

"Yes, but not like this. Not when you're this open..."

"I am always open to you admiring me." And to much more than that.

"Hmhm." Godric's eyes drooped. Seemed like time was up. "I love you." Mumbled Godric.

Salazar smiled. Of course he knew that. But it felt good to hear. He looked at Godric's lips. They were close enough, Godric's defences were down and if he did not like it, he would not remember later on.

Just a centimetre closer and their lips would touch. It would be all both of them wanted. What was holding him back?

He stared at the slightly parted lips.

Just one little kiss...

Only when he was sure that Godric was really asleep he crossed the remaining tiny gap and kissed his partner's lips with a whispered "I love you too, my lion." Before falling asleep as well.

He missed the sliver of green watching him through dark lashes and the almost unnoticeable upwards tilt of slightly moist lips.